At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under general supervision of the Assistant Director, Custodial, the Custodial Manager manages an area within Custodial, which includes a group of employees consisting of Lead Custodians and Custodians, who are responsible for servicing an area within the University to provide all aspects of custodial services. The incumbent schedules the work of subordinates, assigns work to be performed and inspects after completion or while in progress for adherence to established standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
• Coordinates with university personnel regarding requests and issues related to buildings and PPM operations.
• Acts as liaison to Faculty and staff for customer services related to general maintenance and custodial services.
• Assures all timekeeping is accurate and documentation has the appropriate approvals and utilizes the in-house ordering system to order supplies; maintains building security by control over usage of assigned keys.
• As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3sZDzfR
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field.
• Equivalent to two years of progressively responsible experience in a management or supervisory role in a custodial field; three to five years preferred. Four-year academic requirement may be substituted for a combination of supervisory experience, formal training, professional credentialing, and certifications (i.e. CMI, APPA Institute or Supervisor Toolkit, CEFP, EFP, FMP, or CFM).
• Experience in all manner of custodial work including floor care, cleaning and sanitization of multiple area and finish types including but not limited to offices, restrooms, classrooms, conference spaces, kitchens, laboratories, medical facilities, and dining areas. Ability to train staff in the like.
• Possession of a valid California Driver's license is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
• Knowledge of Physical Plant Management or like organization desirable. Working knowledge of computer use and systems such as Microsoft Office, E-mail, and internet search engines.
• Ability and specialized skills to: work with high-level administrators and managers; plan, schedule and manage complex programs and projects.
• Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships within the campus and the CSU, as well as with the community.
• Ability to drive electric cars and department vehicles; utilize hand radio; and work as a member of the department management team.
• Must be familiar with bargaining unit contracts and apply regulations appropriately.
• Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
• Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
• Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: up to $5027, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
• Work schedule Monday - Friday 4pm - 12:30am
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• Applications received through May 25, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California