The PositionThere is an additional 3.35% Management Differential which is added to the posted salary for this class. For positions requiring a nursing license there is an additional 7.5% differential added to the posted salary for this class.
This is a continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on: 5/21/21, 6/4/21, 8/6/21, 10/1/21, 12/3/21
All applicants meeting the minimum requirements are welcome to apply. At this time there are immediate vacancies for which various licensure is required. If you possess licensure in one or more of the fields directly below and meet the other minimum requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
*Psychiatrist *Psychologist *Licensed Clinical Social Worker
*Marriage, Family and Child Counselor *Registered Nurse *Public Health Nurse
One vacancy requires both a Registered Nurse and a Public Health Nurse license. *5/7/21* CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR POSITION THAT REQUIRES BOTH AN RN AND PHN LICENSE. Click here for more information.
Under direction, performs management, administrative and/or supervisory duties for contracted and/or county-operated health or mental health programs and services including, but not limited to, staff supervision, program development and implementation, program monitoring and evaluation, and program service coordination; and performs related duties as assigned. Watch to Explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and AbilitiesKnowledge of
- Theories, principles, goals and objectives of public health and mental health programs
- Principles, practices, funding sources, laws and regulations, and administrative requirements in the program area to which assigned
- Principles, practices and techniques of program planning, development and evaluations
- Principles and procedures of budget preparation and monitoring, including budgets involving grants, contracted services, and state and federal funding
- Principles and techniques of supervision and management
- Techniques of contract negotiations and monitoring
- Social, economic, cultural and other issues impacting program area
Employment QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Plan, organize, coordinate, supervise and evaluate complex program activities and diverse staff
- Apply principles and techniques to problems and issues
- Build coalitions among groups with differing needs and objectives
- Analyze and evaluate data and information, and make appropriate recommendations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups
- Communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing
- Represent the department and/or the County
- Maintain accurate records and files
Any combination of education, training and experience likely to provide the required Knowledge and Abilities for this class as described. Typical ways include:
Possession of a bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited college or university in a field relevant to the health or mental health program to which assigned; some positions in mental health may require a master's degree as specified in Special Requirements. And
Three years of experience managing, coordinating and/or supervising health or mental health services relevant to the specialty option (Health or Mental Health) needed for program area to which assigned, and comparable to the duties of Senior Health Program Coordinator, Health Program Coordinator, or the Mental Health Program Coordinator.Note:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice. Typing Certificate requirements can be found by clicking here or by obtaining the requirements from the Employment Services Division office.
Failure to obtain and/or maintain required licenses may be cause for disciplinary action in accordance with Civil Service rules.
1. a) Some positions in this class involve responsibility for management and supervision of direct patient care, and persons appointed to such positions may be required, in accordance with applicable federal and/or state regulations, to possess and maintain a current valid license issued by the State of California as a Psychiatrist; Psychologist; Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Marriage, Family and Child Counselor; Registered Nurse; or Public Health Nurse.
b) The Director of Public Health Nursing is responsible for the professional nursing component of the County's public health nursing/field services program. The incumbent appointed to this position must, by State law, possess and maintain a current valid Registered Nurse license and meet the current State requirements for a Director of Public Health Nursing (California Code of Regulations, Title 17, and any other applicable laws and regulations in effect at the time of appointment).
c) The Emergency Medical Services Program Coordinator must possess and maintain an Emergency Medical Technician I or higher certificate either at the time of appointment or within one year of appointment.
2. Persons appointed to positions in this class may be subject to a confidential criminal history check and fingerprinting.
3. Psychiatric health facilities such as the County's Mental Health Center are licensed and regulated by the California State Department of Mental Health; such regulations include staffing and personnel standards which may apply to some positions in this class and may supersede the above Minimum Qualifications. Probationary Period
The probationary period for this classification is twelve (12)
months. Application and Testing InformationAPPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: Continuous