Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Cashier I ($15.00 per hour): 17 years old. Notes to Applicants
The City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department ( PARD ) provides, protects and preserves a park system that promotes quality recreational, cultural and outdoor experiences for the Austin community. Working with the City of Austin provides a number of health and welfare benefits, such as medical, paid leave time, a great retirement plan, training opportunities and more! Click HERE
for more information.
The purpose of this City of Austin Parks and Recreation Temporary Cashier I and II position is to provide cashier and customer services to the patrons of the City of Austin Aquatics facilitates across the City.
Application Instructions/Job Requirements:
- Application: A detailed, complete application is required, and applicants must include on their Employment Record all experience (work and/or volunteer) related to this job posting - up to 10 years or more; this will be used to determine your base compensation. Employment Record dates must include month and year. Verification of employment history dates on resume should match online Employment Application. Statements such as "See Resume" will not be accepted and a resume alone will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
- Skills Assessments: Skills assessment(s) may be required as part of the recruitment process.
- Virtual Interviews: PARD may conduct virtual interviews.
- Military/Veteran: An applicant claiming Military/Veteran status must provide a copy of his or her DD-214(s), or valid comparable document, at the time of interview.
- Physical Requirements:
Tasks involve bending, lifting, walking, carrying or using a force equal to lifting up to fifty (50) pounds. Must be physically and mentally able to communicate, respond and work with participant's needs and safety issues; and tolerate loud noise associated with enthusiasm and excitement. Ability to adapt to a variety of conditions such as daily walking, climbing, standing, balancing, kneeling, stooping, running, bending, crawling, swimming, stretching and reaching; and frequently walk and sit when leading various recreational activities. Work outdoors in any and all types of weather and/or inclement conditions; and in confined spaces.
- Multi-Position Posting:This is a multi-position posting and multiple candidates may be hired from this recruitment. If you are not contacted 10 business days after the recruitment closes, you are not moving forward in the recruitment process and we encourage you to review our other City of Austin recruitments.
- Travel:If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
- 90 Day Provision for Additional Vacancy: This posting may be used to fill other vacancies in other divisions/work locations within the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department. Decisions on assigned selection will be made at the time of hire based on the business needs of the department.
- Tobacco Free:All PARD work site locations are tobacco-free.Use of tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes is not permitted on any PARD work site - including construction sites, parking lots, garages or in any personal vehicles located on the premises.
$15.00 per hour. Hours
Work/Location Schedule Notes:
Job Close Date
- Variable 20-40 hour a week shifts between the hours of 6:30am - 10:00pm, 7 days a week.
- May be required to work during special events, evenings, weekends & holidays.
- Work schedule and location is subject to change based on department needs and programs.
07/31/2021 Type of Posting
Parks and Recreation Regular/Temporary
Temporary Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Not Applicable Category
Various City of Austin Aquatic Facilities Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to fluently communicate (reading, writing, speaking) in English and Spanish.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Experience with cash reports.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
This position is posted at multiple levels. For Duties, Functions and Responsibilities, please select the appropriate job description below. Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, making change for cash customers.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position is posted at multiple levels. For Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, please select the appropriate job description below. Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Criminal Background Investigation
- Ability to make change for cash accurately.
- Ability to handle a high-volume of customers.
- Skill in providing customer service.
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation. EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445. Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* This position requires that you be 17 years or older, do you meet the minimum qualifications?
* Do you have cash handling experience?
* If selected as a top candidate, do you agree to a criminal background investigation?
* Have you previously worked for the City of Austin Aquatic Division? If yes, when was the last year that you worked?
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you have the ability to travel to multiple sites as part of the regular job duties?
* This is a multi-position job posting and you will only be notified if you are selected to move forward in the process. Once the department is no longer hiring for this position, you will receive a notification informing you of such.
- I acknowledge this statement
* I acknowledge that if I do not receive an email from a Parks and Recreation Department Aquatics staff member within 48 hours of applying for this job, I should contact them via email at email@example.com or via phone at 512-974-9330.
- Yes, I understand and acknowledge
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents