The Senior Director of Transportation will provide operational oversight of the LVCVA’s transportation programs, which currently consist of the Las Vegas Monorail and the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) Loop, through contract management and operational and logistical oversight that leads to delivery of quality transportation measured by safety and security, customer experience, and financial outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
Keep in mind that this list in not all inclusive.
- Oversee the contracted operations of the Las Vegas Monorail and the Las Vegas Loop.
- Measure, and maintain at contractual and organizational goal levels:
- Customer experience including wayfinding and station experience, in-person fare payment, station wait times, in-transit comfort and convenience, and safety and security.
- System maintenance and capital improvement, including regulatory operational permits.
- Ensure remaining contractual compliance for the operations and maintenance agreements of the two systems.
- Recommend and assist in implementation of system improvements.
- Effectively manage the Department’s budget; review performance to budget; monitors, consolidates analysis, and reports budget variances.
- Monitoring of day-to-day activities to ensure that all transportation services operate and maintain safe, reliable, clean services in an effective and efficient manner.
- Keeps current with industry change, including changes to federal and state laws and regulations.
- Partner with senior leadership team to develop and lead Transportation business strategy.
- Lead initiatives to improve transportation and logistics services.
- Ensure consistent practices and processes used across all assets, such as corporate requirements in the area of asset management, financial reporting, human relations, state and local government regulations.
- Ensure the safety of customer and employee and drive a culture of safety throughout the workplace.
- Collaborate with leadership and contractors to plan and prioritize improvements, repairs, and maintenance to the transportation infrastructure, which includes the preparation of plans and specifications, cost estimates, and contract documents for construction, maintenance, and/or service contracts.
- Interface directly and communicate as frequently as needed to build partnerships with various internal and external members of the organization and others to share information, resolve problems, and set direction and priorities to ensure excellent service and customer satisfaction.
What We’re Looking For
- A results-driven leader with the ability to think outside the box, drive development, and leverage our scale; Explore and test new processes, campaigns, and initiatives
- Excellent collaborator with a strong ability to lead and motivate a team, and work across areas
- Ability to manage multiple partners and internal teams, providing clear direction and guidelines (financial and strategic)
- Potential to sustain a high level of activity over extended periods
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate
- Potential to solve problems and understand the logical relationships among concepts
- Preference for thinking creatively and generating new ways to solve problems
- Receptiveness to new or alternative ideas
- Preference for independently determining work methods
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the LVCVA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.