Description The City:
Santa Clara is a family-oriented and business friendly city, led by a city government that has developed an award-winning ethics program and a commitment to fostering public trust.
Located in Santa Clara County at the southern tip of San Francisco Bay, about 45 miles south of San Francisco, Santa Clara is a strategic regional hub, convenient to freeways, airports, railroads, expressways, light rail, and other public transportation.Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are essential to providing quality services to the residents of our community. Community members of all ages are encouraged to show pride and get involved in civic activities through volunteer work within the City of Santa Clara.Who Volunteers?
Community members 13 years of age and older are encouraged to volunteer in any number of programs, activities, or events sponsored by the City of Santa Clara.How Do I Become a Volunteer?
Anyone interested in volunteering for the City must first complete and submit an online City volunteer application. In addition, a signed Release of Liability form must be completed and submitted.
To obtain a Release of Liability form click HERE. You will need to download and save the file onto your desktop AND upload it to your Application under the 'Other' application.
Typical Duties Parks and Recreation Performing Arts
- Roberta Jones Junior Theater - Aid staff in participant supervision when performers are off stage, and/or assist in production preparation and breakdown.
- Nutcracker - Aid staff in participant supervision at dress rehearsals and performances and/or assist with doing cast hair and make-up.
Recreation Services and Special Events
- Adventures to Go - Tour Escort: Assist with pre/post travel details, Attend monthly meetings, Provide positive customer service experience for travelers while on excursion.
- BINGO Attendant: Call BINGO numbers and determine if there is a true BINGO winner
- Ceramics Studio Monitor: Ensure participants follow the proper safety and usage guidelines of Ceramics Studio, answer general questions, maintain proper set-up/clean-up of Ceramics Studio
- Computer Lab Monitor: Assist participants with basic computer needs if requested. Ensure patrons follow the guidelines of Computer Lab
- Dining Out Program: Assist with set-up/clean-up of program, assist with meal service.
- Fitness Attendant: Check participants in & out of the Fitness Center, monitor proper usage of equipment, Ensure patrons follow the guidelines of Fitness Center
- Library Attendant: Creates and maintains an organized space in the Senior Center library/reading area and categorizes books in the appropriate areas
- Snack Bar: Sell food, snacks, and beverages, provide positive customer service experience
- Woodshop Studio Monitor: Ensure participants follow the proper safety and usage guidelines of Woodshop Studio, answer general questions, maintain proper set-up/clean-up of Woodshop Studio.
- Lapidary Studio Monitor: Ensure participants follow the proper safety and usage guidelines of Lapidary Studio, answer general questions, maintain proper set-up/clean-up of Lapidary Studio
- Adventures in Learning - help 3 and 4 year-olds in the classroom as well as prep activities, projects for future classes, field trips, and with their work
- Youth Activity Center & Events - Assist with the after school program, skate park, recreation classes, and special events
- Special Events - Assist with the planning and day of operations for a variety of special events Art & Wine Festival, Egg Extravaganza, July 4th, Holiday Tree Lighting)
Therapeutic Recreation Services
- Assist in the community garden
Central Park Library
- Assist in the recreational and social needs of individuals who have disabilities in the area
Northside Branch Library
- Adult Services - Assist with, RetroTech, ESL Book Club, ESL Family, Turkish Storytime, Adult Services Special Projects, ESL Conversation Club
- Youth Services - Assist in, Teen Volunteer program, Teen Council, Teen Tech, or Comicon
- Read Santa Clara - Adult literacy volunteers may tutor at any of the library branches or other public locations within the city of Santa Clara
Mission Branch Library
- Contribute in the Adult, Teen, Summer, or Teen Council volunteer programs
- Participate in the Mission Teen Volunteers
- Community Volunteer
- At least 13 years old
- Submission of the Release of Liability form with application
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work with people belonging to diverse backgrounds
- Interest in helping people
- Able to interact professionally with the public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Must possess and demonstrate a friendly, positive attitude, and helpful demeanor
- Must be able to work in a team environment