Description Posting will be open until all positions have been filled. Our Mission
The City of Palo Alto is recruiting for seasonal Summer Camp Site Directors for the 2020 Summer Camp programs. The goal of the Community Services Department is to offer recreation programs that provide a range of activities to meet all the needs of the community and to sustain a positive quality of life!The Position
Under general supervision of the Camp Coordinators, the Site Director works with the Assistant Site Director to provide direction to Camp Counselors and Counselors in Training (CITs) to ensure that the City Of Palo Alto guidelines, safety policies and procedures are being followed. The Site Director will plan and lead activities during the summer season while providing a safe and fun environment for the participants. Camp activities include sports, games, field trips, and arts and crafts.This is a Limited Hourly non-benefited position, not to exceed 415 hours per fiscal year. Work hours will be determined upon assignment. Essential Duties
- Create, implement and lead a variety of non-competitive activities such as arts and crafts, games, hikes, field trips, and possible overnight activities.
- Provide supervision while encouraging group and individual participation.
- Create and enforce rules on site.
- Assist with In-Service Staff training.
- Attend all training and staff meetings.
- Lead, supervise, mentor, and evaluate Camp Counselors in their performance.
- Work well with a diverse population of children in a variety of activities and situations.
- Responsible for assuring the program meets the needs of the participants and CITs.
- Understand and be prepared to activate Emergency Action Plans; perform First Aid and CPR as necessary.
- Lead staff meetings.
- Maintain a high level of communication with parents, Camp Counselors, Recreation Supervisor, and the general public.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Display a high level of motivation, integrity, customer service, and professionalism.
- Must commit to entire program dates, including in-service training and camp wrap-up.
- Must attend Directors In-Service Training.
- Test negative for Tuberculosis.
- Pass fingerprint background check.
- Experience as a Camp Counselor and/or Assistant Site Director.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous