ADJUTANT GENERAL Division:
ADJUTANT GENERAL & NATIONAL GUARD Business Unit:
HR-MILITARY Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$36,790.56 - $53,598.96 Recruiter:
LISA D FRIEND Phone:
775 684-0110 Email:
Cadre Team Leaders, within the Office of the Military, Nevada Army National Guard, educate, train and mentor at-risk 16 to 18-year-old youth in a 24-hour/7-days-a-week setting who have not completed high school, are high school credit deficient, and demonstrate a desire to improve their potential for success and lead productive lives. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
The Battle Born Youth ChalleNGe Academy (BBYCA), located in Carlin, assists 16-18 year old males and females to reclaim their potential through education, mentoring and service in a highly structured, quasi-military training environment. The working title for this position is Team Leader. Team Leaders are responsible for the direct supervision of assigned Cadets participating at BBYCA, and teach the Cadet disciplinary process; provide direct instruction in the program's eight core components; and conduct Cadet physical training related exercises, as well as role model appropriate life coping skills.
Applicants will participate in a physical assessment as part of the interview process. To see full Class Specifications, visit: https://hr.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/hrnvgov/Content/Resources/ClassSpecs/12/12-382spc.pdf
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience providing leadership, teaching and/or caring for children or adolescents in a residential services or community setting; OR graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of experience as described above; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
- Candidates must successfully pass a background investigation prior to being considered for appointment.
- As a condition of appointment and continuing employment, positions are subject to call-back, overtime on short notice, stand-by status, and must work various hours and/or shifts, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- A valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- CPR and First Aid certification is required for the Cadre Team Leader within 6 months of appointment.
- Occasional off-site work may be required.
- Work requires frequent bending, stooping, standing, and lifting heavy objects
- Incumbents must pass a physical fitness test and possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the essential functions of the position as a condition of continuing employment.
- Incumbents must conform to military grooming standards.
- Work may be performed under adverse weather conditions and include extensive walking under difficult conditions.
- As a condition of employment, pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must first submit to a pre-employment screening test for controlled substances.