DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY Division:
B&I - FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS DIV Business Unit:
HR-FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$58,380.48 - $87,320.16 Recruiter:
ROSANA WOOMER Phone:
775 684-0132 Email:
The Department of Business and Industry, Financial Institutions Division is recruiting for a Financial Institutions Examiner 5 position. Under administrative direction, incumbents are responsible for the management and implementation of examinations performed by the depository team within the Division and/or a geographical area of the State. Incumbents are responsible for meeting program performance indicators and fiscal goals and objectives; coordinating and interfacing with federal regulatory partners such as the Federal Reserve, Federal Deposit Insurance Company (FDIC), National Credit Union Association (NCUA), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), as it relates to the regulation of depository institutions; coordinating and interfacing with national regulatory associations such as the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS), the National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors (NASCUS), regulated industry representatives such as the American Bankers Association (ABA), Nevada Bankers Association (NBA), Nevada Credit Union League (NCUL), and the Nevada Credit Union Advisory Council (NCUAC). Incumbents are expected to perform the full range of duties as described in the series concept; however, the primary responsibility is the management, development, implementation, and ongoing review of the depository examinations program.
Positions allocated to this class train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of professional staff including subordinate supervisors. Incumbent will be required to travel up to 30% for this position.Incumbents function as first-line supervisors who train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; assign and review work; and initiate disciplinary action.
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.*** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting, economics, finance, or related discipline and four years of increasingly responsible professional experience in conducting institutional examinations; OR one year of experience as a Financial Institutions Examiner IV in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Appointment to the Examiner V class requires Certification by the Conference of State Banking Supervisors (CSBS) as a Certified Examinations Manager (CEM).
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas