ADJUTANT GENERAL Division:
ADJUTANT GENERAL & NATIONAL GUARD Business Unit:
HR-MILITARY Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$36,790.56 - $53,598.96 Recruiter:
ANA MARIA ORNELLAS Phone:
775 684-0151 Email:
Administrative Assistants perform a broad variety of clerical, secretarial and administrative support duties in an assigned agency, program or other work unit within State government and the Nevada System of Higher Education. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
This position serves as Case Manager at the Battle Born Youth ChalleNGe Academy. Primary responsibilities are to maintain and report placement information for 20-60 Cadets in the Post-Residential phase, provide case management services to Cadets, their families, and their mentors, and facilitate Character Development and life skills classes for Cadets in the Residential phase of the program. Case Managers will report directly to the RPM Coordinator and will work directly with each other and the Admissions Specialists to build opportunities for placement. All duties must be carried out in accordance with program policies and procedures. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-2_0// ***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. ***
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and three years of progressively responsible relevant work experience which included experience in one or more of the following areas: maintenance of complex records and files; public/customer relations including explaining detailed policies, regulations and requirements; preparation and processing of financial and statistical documents such as payroll, travel, claims and budgeting forms; and assisting staff and management with projects and activities; OR one year of experience as an Administrative Assistant II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
- This position requires a valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility at the time of appointment and for continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Elko