Posting Close Date:
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY Division:
B&I - TAXICAB AUTHORITY Business Unit:
HR-TAXICAB AUTHORITY Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$61,011.36 - $91,350.00 Recruiter:
ADRIAN L FOSTER Phone:
702 486-2911 Email:
Compliance/Enforcement Investigators perform investigative and enforcement functions to monitor compliance and enforce State and/or federal laws or regulations pertaining to a specific program or regulatory area. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
This position is extremely important to monitor the Clark County cab companies as well as the cabdrivers to be sure that the NRSs and NACs are being followed and that the riding public is being serviced according to their Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity. Applicants must submit a copy of their valid CURRENT Nevada Category I or Nevada Category II P.O.S.T. Certificate electronically with their application. The candidate will be working a variable work schedule to include day, swing and graveyard shifts.
- Incumbents must maintain Nevada POST Category II certification as a condition of continuing employment.
- Incumbents carry firearms in the performance of their duties and must maintain a quarterly qualifying score of 70 or better with a firearm.
- Incumbents may be required to operate an authorized emergency vehicle.
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.*** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-13_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Graduation from a Category II peace officer academy approved by the Nevada Commission on Peace Officers' Standards and Training; a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice, police science, psychology, business administration or closely related field; and one year of professional investigative, law enforcement, or program related experience where standard investigative and enforcement techniques were utilized to make program compliance determinations, enforcement of state and federal laws, preparation of detailed reports for the purpose of justifying administrative sanctions, penalties or criminal prosecution. Work experience may be obtained in a law enforcement, investigative, regulatory or comparable setting; OR graduation from a Category II peace officer academy approved by the Nevada Commission on Peace Officers' Standards and Training; graduation from high school or equivalent education; and three years of experience as outlined above; OR one year of experience as a Compliance/Enforcement Investigator I in Nevada State service.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Applicants must submit to a background, medical, polygraph and psychological evaluation prior to employment. Applicants may be required to pay for background fingerprinting and DMV history fees.
- As a condition of employment, pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must first submit to a pre-employment screening test for controlled substances.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment.
- Pursuant to NAC 289.110 applicants must meet minimum standards for appointment prior to employment.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas