DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - DIVISION OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES Business Unit:
HR-NEVADA YOUTH TRAINING CTR Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 29 Salary Range:
$39,943.44 - $58,380.48 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
DARRELL MORLAN Phone:
775 684-0126 Email:
Group Supervisors perform duties involving the education, employment, training, treatment, care and custody of juvenile offenders residing within a State Youth Training Center; maintain comprehensive records of assigned youths' program activities; and provide individual guidance pursuant to State or federal laws and regulations. Under close supervision, incumbents receive training and gain experience in performing all or part of the duties outlined in the series concept. This is the entry level in the series which provides for progression to the journey level upon meeting the minimum qualifications, satisfactory performance, and with the recommendation of the appointing authority.
The State of Nevada Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) is recruiting for a Group Supervisor located at the Nevada Youth Training Center (NYTC). NYTC is a 60-bed staff secure facility for male youth ages 12 to 18 located in Elko. NYTC's goal is to promote positive self-growth, create change in behavior, attitudes, values, and ways of thinking through education, therapeutic treatment and appropriate medical and mental health services.
The position will supervise the activities of youths within assigned unit; directly observe work habits, social behavior, and attitude to ensure conduct meets established rules and regulations of the institution; provide assistance and direction to youths in the performance of assignments, acceptable behavior, proper dress and personal hygiene; participate as a member of a treatment team to implement a treatment plan; and document progress or problems in youth's development. This is a full-time position that includes a variable work agreement that may be scheduled to work hours and days different than 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday such as swing shift and weekends.
The State of Nevada and DCFS offer an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), accrual of 15 days of annual and 15 days of sick leave, 11 paid holidays and no city, county, state or social security tax! This position is a paygrade 29. The Group Supervisor 2 level is a paygrade 31.
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.*** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-12_0//
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of experience working with the public or clients; OR thirty semester credits from an accredited college or university with emphasis in psychology, social work, sociology, counseling and guidance, human services, social services, education, criminal justice or closely related field and one year of experience as described above; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
if you are trying to qualify through college coursework, you MUST attach copies of your transcripts to your application. The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, all positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must first submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- Pursuant to NRS 62B.270 and the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act, applicants must submit to a criminal and child abuse background check and said background must be clear of any disqualifying offenses.
- A valid driver's license is required at time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Per NAC 284.317, applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- As a condition of appointment and continuing employment, positions are subject to call-back, overtime on short notice, stand-by status, and may require work on evenings, weekends, or holidays.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Elko