DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Division:
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Business Unit:
HR-DIRECTOR'S OFFICE Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$72,871.20 - $109,849.68 Recruiter:
KENNETH R SCHULZ Phone:
775 684-0147 Email:
Information Technology (IT) Managers are responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the IT activities, in one or more IT specialization areas, of the State, a department, or a division. Incumbents function as managers who train, supervise and evaluate the performance of subordinate supervisors; develop policies and procedures; and allocate staff and resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
The IT Manager 2 vacancy is located in the Nevada Department of Corrections IT Division in Carson City. The IT Manager is responsible for Application Development oversight and administration of applications development and programming aspects of the IT Division. The position encompasses a variety of duties.
Software development process includes establishing goals, objectives, priorities and standards for software development; ensure the necessary personnel, hardware and communications are available to meet department needs; and establish reports detailing status of each development project.
Change management process includes periodically review and adjust change management process to optimize IT's ability to deliver high quality results in the shortest time.
Service management includes identifying and implementing software quality management process; periodically review processes to optimize their effectiveness; keep abreast of technology and identify how their adoption would benefit the department.
Supervision incclues prioritizing tasks, estimate time frames, meet deadlines, plan and use available resources and coordinate work assignments with others; development and implement training programs to keep staff at maximum productivity. The incumbent also provides budget support and will identify, plan and monitor budgetary needs and expenditures.
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.*** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and six years of progressively responsible professional IT experience which involved strategic planning, project management, quality assurance, and computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, or applications analysis and development. Three years of this experience must have been in a supervisory or project manager capacity; OR one year of experience as an IT Manager I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Statewide travel may be required.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting may be required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check may be required of the selected applicant.
- This position is subject to working nights, weekends and holidays.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno