DEPARTMENT OF EMPLOYMENT, TRAINING & REHAB Division:
DETR - ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES Business Unit:
HR-INFO DEVELOPMENT/PROCESSING Work Type:
INTERMITTENT Salary Range:
KENNETH R SCHULZ Phone:
775 684-0147 Email:
Information Technology (IT) Professionals analyze, develop, implement, maintain, and modify computer operations, systems, networks, databases, applications, and/or information security. Incumbents may perform duties in one or more IT specialization areas depending on the needs of the agency. Incumbents perform advanced journey level duties and may train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff and/or serve as a project leader as assigned. Incumbents may function as a unit leader to include directing the activities of a branch IT support unit, overseeing projects of limited scope, and coordinating activities with other work groups.
The Incumbent will be an integral member of the ISA (Information Systems and Applications) team which is responsible for supporting various software applications used by the department. Incumbent will be required to support existing applications and will also be involved in creating new applications to meet business needs. DETR uses the following for application development: Java, JSP, HTML, Spring, Hibernate, PL/SQL, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), ETPM/PSRM, OBIEE, Thunderhead, File360, Kofax, Active Batch, SQL Developer and Eclipse. Ideal candidates will have experience in more than one of these technologies and will also possess experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This position may be located in Carson City or Las Vegas depending on the candidate chosen and needs of the agency.
Position Description (cont.)
The incumbent will work as a mid-level consultant and/or training IT personnel and system users; troubleshooting applications, performing requirements analysis, setting standards for coding and development as well as reviewing peer code. The incumbent will collaborate with other IT groups within the department to develop technical resolutions to complex business and application problems. Good customer service skills are required, as well as the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel.
This position will occasionally require some night/weekend and holiday work shifts along with standby/call back notice and has a travel requirement of up to 25%. To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.***
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and three years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analyst and development, and/or information security, one year of which was at the journey level; OR one year of relevant experience as an IT Professional II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and for continued employment.
- Statewide travel is required.
- Applicants must be willing to work standby and carry the standby cellular phone for evening and weekend system troubleshooting.