CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT II - Requistion ID:
[[id]] Posting Close Date:
100 VETERANS MEMORIAL DR(BC0005) Geographical Location:
Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson Department:
DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES Division:
DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES Business Unit:
HR-OFFICE OF VETERANS SERVICES Work Type:
PERMANENT Salary Range:
$30,213.36 - $43,346.88 Recruiter:
MARGARITA CAMPS Phone:
702 332-6702 Email:
Certified Nursing Assistants perform basic restorative services and basic nursing services related to the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, basic mental health and protection of patient rights. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
The Nevada Department of Veterans Services, Southern Nevada State Veterans Home (SNSVH) located in Boulder City, Nevada is recruiting for Certified Nursing Assistant 2 positions. Boulder City is just minutes away from the city of Henderson and is south of Las Vegas. Our mission is to provide skilled nursing services to veterans, their spouses, and Gold Star parents. Our nursing staff-to-resident ratios promote quality patient care and our 'team' approach encourages participation at all levels. "As a team, we all share the responsibility of "Serving Nevada's Heroes" and we take that responsibility very seriously." - SNSVH Administrator. Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, incumbents provide personal care which includes assisting the residents with activities of daily living in accordance with SNSVH policy and procedures and the Nevada Nurse Practice Act. Duties include monitoring and reporting vital signs including weight and pain; ensuring adequate hydration and nutrition and reporting any concerns; documenting the care given to residents and the specific parameters of health status monitored for the residents; responding to resident's requests noting changes and pertinent information; and other relevant CNA duties as assigned. This is a 24-hour facility; therefore, incumbents may be assigned to shift work. Nursing Assistant and CPR (BLS) certification information must be listed under the Professional License/Certification section of your application to be considered.
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.*** To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
The Examination Application Evaluation Exam
- Certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant by the Nevada State Board of Nursing and six months of experience performing work as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Nursing Assistant Trainee; OR six months as a Certified Nursing Assistant I in Nevada State service. The six months of job related experience may be part of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant training program.
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Some positions require current CPR certification at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, some positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must submit to pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant by the Nevada State Board of Nursing is required at the time of application and as a condition of continuing employment for the Certified Nursing Assistant I, II and III.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas