Salary: $31,972.00 - $45,000.00 Annually USD
General Description:This is a skilled position. The incumbent performs routine tasks to repair and maintain equipment and systems in County buildings.Organization: The Facility Technician position is part of Hanover County's Career Development Program (CD). The Facility Technician Ladder has four (4) levels ranging from Facility Technician I to Facility Technician Senior. The Facility Technician reports to the Facilities Technician Supervisor and supervises no staff.
• Completes daily repairs and preventative maintenance to County facilities
• Inspects and maintains all building environmental systems, such as HVAC.
• Operates building automation center that controls building systems and security.
• Installs and repairs electrical wiring.
• Operates mechanical systems such as chillers, boilers, pumps, air handling
units, and heaters.
• Completes routine maintenance tasks such as machinery cleaning,
plumbing repairs, lighting/filter replacement.
• Occasionally delivers and relocates office furniture.
• Interacts with staff, contractors, and others to complete projects.
• Performs related work as assigned.
• Possible exposure to high noise level and adverse temperatures/conditions
• Field--Must travel to project sites in order to perform essential functions
C. Physical Effort
• May require heavy lifting, climbing ladders, and working under adverse
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Requires basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and maintenance practices, extensive knowledge is preferred. Must have basic understanding of plumbing, HVAC, and the ability to operate power and hand tools. Requires ability to read, interpret, and work from schematics, diagrams, and manuals. Good communication skills required, both oral and written, to maintain records and prepare reports. Chlor-floro-carbon (CFC) license approved by EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), preferred. Ability to operate computerized equipment desired.
Education, Experience and Training: High school diploma required with additional training in a technical program preferred. Previous work related experience desired as follows: 3 years @ Level II, 5 years @ Level III, and 8 years @ the Senior Level. Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
• Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
• Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License
• Twelve-month probationary period
• Work beyond normal work schedule
• Must wear uniform, including safety equipment
• This position is subject to the department's on-call procedures.
Revision Date: February 2013
Special Instructions to Applicants