Manages operations of the Public Works Division of the Public Works Department, including maintenance, repair and improvement of City streets, parks, facilities, and urban forests; manages contracted services, and assures compliance with building and safety codes, environmental and water quality laws, street and highway regulations, and other laws, regulations, and standards; provides responsible staff assistance to the Public Works Director.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, coordinates and manages inspection, maintenance, repair and improvement of streets, parks and facilities, in compliance with Department procedures and City policies; manages capital projects, traffic controls, landscaping, special events, street sweeping programs, solid waste programs and capital purchases.
- Inspects streets, parks and facilities to assure proper care and maintenance of City properties; reports and resolves problems requiring additional maintenance and repair; coordinates the maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment.
- Manages the activities of maintenance crews; monitors operations to identify and resolve problems and priorities; determines equipment, material and personnel needs; assigns work crews, projects, vehicles and equipment; reviews work crews' activities to assure the work quality and timely accomplishment of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Manages work crews; prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects, monitors work flow, and evaluates performance, work effectiveness, methods and procedures; resolves workload and technical issues.
- Evaluates maintenance and repair issues, and implements solutions; assures that Department activities are in alignment with the City's goals and within budget constraints.
- Enforces work methods, procedures and standards, and assures that work activities are in compliance with City policies and safety standards; coordinates projects with Departments and regional agencies.
- Manages contractor projects for maintenance, repair and improvement of streets, parks and facilities; defines scope of work, and negotiates and manages contracts.
- Maintains records of services performed and project management information; reviews and writes reports, analyzes costs, and manages budgets, contracts and expenditures.
- Develops cooperative relationships with community organizations and citizen groups; promotes City programs, resolves community issues and coordinates maintenance and construction operations.
- Coordinates the cross-training of work crews in work methods and maintenance duties; responds to emergencies and coordinates work activities as needed.
- Prepares and presents reports, memoranda, and studies to City Council, City Advisory Commission and outside public groups.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Rosemead and the constituent population by providing excellent customer service; promotes the City goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures; maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records and City information; performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Implements safe work practice.
Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cityofrosemead.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Business or Public Administration; AND five years experience in public works programs, including supervisory experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.