The Field Maintenance Worker III will lead, oversee, and participate in the work of a water utility crew engaged in a wide variety of manual, semi-skilled and skilled duties associated with the installation, construction, maintenance, and repair of domestic, reclaimed, and agricultural water utility systems; and operate and maintain a variety of heavy equipment and hand and power tools and equipment. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and a quick thinker, who displays initiative and creativity in their work, as well as perform a variety of complex, technical, and problem solving activities within the Construction Maintenance Division of the Water Operations Department.
Immediate Impact: The successful candidate will be given the following objectives upon hire:
• Candidate will lead, organize and establish the District's policies and procedures with all staff.
• Incumbent will oversee and participate in performing a variety of water facilities maintenance including main line repair, service line installation, replacement, and repair.
• Candidate will respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolves complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Is an effective communicator, with the ability to interact professionally with a wide range of audiences.
• Is a candidate who is enthusiastic, diplomatic, efficient, and organized, with the ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions and answer customer inquiries, all while maintaining a pleasant, professional demeanor.
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
• Three years of experience in the operation, maintenance, installation and repair of water utility systems.
• Must possess a valid Water Distribution Operator Grade 3 certification, issued by the State Water Resources Control Board.
• Must possess a valid Water Treatment Operator Grade 1 certification, issued by the State Water Resources Control Board.
• Must be able to respond within a thirty (30) minute time period to the District's corporate yard while on standby duty as well as communicate by telephone while on standby duty. • Possess a valid California Class A Drivers license.
Compensation: The salary range for the Field Maintenance Worker III-CM is $5,682-$7,456 per month with an excellent benefits package. Placement within the salary range will be based on the candidate's qualifications and experience.
The Application Process: If you are interested in this opportunity, submit a completed WESA employment application online at www.wesawater.com. Resumes and certifications may be included, but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed employment application. Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, April 20, 2021.
Lake Elsinore, California