TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
Open Competitive Job Opportunity EXAM NUMBER
M0830W-R FILING DATES
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED STARTING OCTOBER 28, 2020 AT 8:00 A.M.
The first review of applications will take place on November 6, 2020.
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service
are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.This announcement is being reposted to update the Transfer of Test Components Information.
The County of Los Angeles offers an excellent benefits package which includes a Cafeteria Benefit Plan, Contributory Defined Benefit Retirement Plan, matched 401(k) Savings and Deferred Compensation & Thrift Plans, 12 paid Holidays, 10 paid leave days and an option to buy one to 20 more, and flexible work schedules. POSITION INFORMATION:
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, Alternatives to Incarceration (UC), assists the CEO in overseeing the County's Alternatives to Incarceration Initiative.CLASSIFICATION STANDARDS:
Positions in this class provide expert professional staff support to the CEO in the planning, coordination, direction and control of specialized County functions such as the County budget, finance, operations, capital projects, legislative analysis, organization and management studies, employee relations, classification and compensation policy, risk management, marketing, asset management, unincorporated area services functions and environmental/sustainability policy and programs. Employees in this position may provide supervision to a team of analysts or serve in a lead, project manager or consultant role for any assignment in one or more of the above fields of specialization. The employee must know and expertly apply a comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures to complete complex assignments or know and proficiently apply a broad knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures to complete difficult assignments and apply a basic knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures of other field(s) of specialization to complete interdisciplinary assignments. The employee plans, conducts and supervises major assignments and reviews and evaluates results, on own initiative recommends new policies or programs to meet unforeseen or unmet needs, operates with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or decision, and performs administrative tasks for the organization on behalf of the unit manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists the Executive Director, Alternatives to Incarceration (UC), in the development and implementation of a Countywide strategic plan in support of the Board's vision of justice system transformation efforts and philosophy of "Care-First, Jail-Last".
- Assists in overseeing strategic efforts to ensure that innovative alternatives to incarceration are developed and implemented, and that such efforts lead to improved safety, health, and well-being of individuals and communities.
- Assists in the design and implementation of evaluation systems that measure efficacy of programs serving the justice-involved populations and Alternatives to Incarceration strategies.
- Analyzes information and data gathered from County and non-County sources to identify best practices related to alternatives to incarceration.
- Develops detailed project plans for a range of evidence-based policies, interventions, and services that can be implemented to provide alternatives to incarceration while ensuring the public safety of the County's communities.
- Supports Board and department strategic initiatives, priorities, and/or County programs related to incarceration, by recommending alternative policies, interventions, and/or best practices.
- Coordinates building strategic partnerships with elected officials, government agencies and other County departments to determine potential joint initiatives for collaboration.
- Represents the division and/or the department at various events related to the promotion of alternatives to incarceration.
- Supervises or leads a team of analysts assigned to Alternatives to Incarceration Initiative in covering all day-to-day operations, (e.g., prioritizing assignments, evaluating workloads, reviewing and assessing work performance).
- Prepares reports, presentations, and correspondence (e.g. Board letters, internal briefing memoranda, fact sheets) to address, support and respond to needs of the Board Offices, CEO and others as needed.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
Three years of experience at the level of Senior Analyst, CEO* analyzing, developing, and implementing alternatives to incarceration-related policy or programs.
*Experience at the level of Senior Analyst, CEO is defined as working independently providing professional staff support to the head of an organization in the planning, coordination, and direction of alternatives to incarceration-related policy or programs.LICENSE:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.PHYSICAL CLASS:
2- Light. Involves light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10-pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT :
This examination will consist of three (3) parts:Part I:
A multiple choice test weighted at 50% covering:
- Deductive Reasoning
- Professional Potential
- Coping with Uncertainty
- Working to High Quality Standards
- Willingness to Learn
- Maintaining Good Working Relationships
- Analyzing Information
- Learning Quickly
- Generating New Ideas
- Using Time Efficiently
- Adapting to Change
Applicants must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on Part I - multiple choice test in order to proceed to Part II - writing assessment.MULTIPLE CHOICE TESTS ARE NOT REVIEWABLE BY CANDIDATES PER CIVIL SERVICE RULE 7.19.Part II:
A writing assessment weighted 25% measuring English Structure and Content, Written Expression, and Prioritizing Information.
Applicants must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on Part II - writing assessment in order to proceed to Part III - evaluation of training and experience.Part III:
An evaluation of training and experience weighted at 25% covering Professional Technical Knowledge, Work Habits, and Lived Experience with the Criminal Justice System.
Applicants must meet the Selection Requirements and achieve a combined passing score of 70% or higher on the examination in order to be placed on the register.
All test invitations and other correspondences (non-acceptance and final result) will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that candidates provide a valid e-mail address in their application. Please add email@example.com
to your e-mail address book and to the list of approved senders to prevent e-mail notifications from being filtered as spam/junk mail. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they receive our email.TRANSFER OF TEST COMPONENTS:
TEST PREPARATION :
- Applicants who have taken identical components recently for o ther exams may have their scores automatically transferred to this examination.
- This examination contains test components that may be used in the future for new examinations and your test scores may be transferred.
Study guides and other test preparation resources are available to help candidates prepare for employment tests. While the guides will help in preparing for the test, we advise you to review all related materials that you deem necessary.
ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION :
- An interactive, Online Test Preparation System for taking practice tests may be accessed on the Department of Human Resources website at http://hr.lacounty.gov/. Please click on "Find a Job" and then "Job Search Toolkit." Test Preparation Information is located under the "Employment Test Assistance" section.
- Additional practice tests are available at http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade in the examination will be placed on the eligible register for a period of six (6) months following the date of promulgation. FAIR CHANCE INITIATIVE:
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment . The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed
. VACANCY INFORMATION :
The resulting eligible register will be used to fill vacancies at the Chief Executive Office as they occur. AVAILABLE SHIFT :
Any APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:
Applications must be filed online only. We must receive your application by 5:00 p.m., PT on the last day of filing. Applications submitted by U.S. Mail, Fax, or in person will not be accepted. All related documents, IF ANY
, must be received at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days from application submission. Note
: If you are unable to attach documentation to your online application, you may email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please ensure to reference your attachment by writing your full name, Neogov Applicant ID, Examination Title, and Examination Number on the subject of your email.
Apply online by clicking the green "Apply
" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
Many important notifications including invitation letters will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that you provide a valid email address. Please add email@example.com
to your email address and list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as spam/junk/clutter mail.
Applicants have the ability to opt out of emails from LA County. If you unsubscribe, you will not receive any email notification for any examination for which you apply with Los Angeles County.
Regardless of whether you choose to unsubscribe, you can always check for notifications by logging into governmentjobs.com and viewing your profile Inbox, which saves a copy of all emailed notices.
It is your responsibility to take the above steps to view correspondence. Los Angeles County will not consider claims of not viewing or receiving notification to be a valid reason for late test administration or rescheduling of a test component. IMPORTANT NOTES:
- ALL information included in the application materials is subject to VERIFICATION .We may reject your application at any point during the examination and hiring process, including after an appointment has been made.
- FALSIFICATION of any information may result in DISQUALIFICATION .
- Utilizing VERBIAGE from Class Specification and Minimum Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT be sufficient to meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION and you may be DISQUALIFIED.
- Test scores cannot be given over the telephone.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.
____________________________________________________________________________ADA Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTeletype Phone:
(800) 899-4099Alternate Teletype Phone:
(800) 897-0077California Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922Department Contact Name:
Virna-liza CudiamatDepartment Contact Phone:
(213) 351-2953Department Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Continuous