OCTOBER 22, 2019 @ 8:00 A.M. (PDT)
UNTIL THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE ARE MET AND IS SUBJECT TO CLOSURE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE EXAM NUMBER:
Y5121U REBULLETIN INFORMATION: THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO UPDATE THE EXAMINATION CONTENT INFORMATION REGARDING NOTIFICATION OF EXAM RESULTS. PERSONS WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT REAPPLY, BUT MAY CONTACT THE EXAM ANALYST IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. TYPE OF RECRUITMENT:
OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY ABOUT LOS ANGELES COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) is the second largest municipal health system in the nation. DHS operates as an integrated health system, operating 26 health centers and four acute care hospitals, in addition to providing health care to youth in the juvenile justice system and inmates in the LA County jails. Across the network of DHS' directly operated clinical sites and through partnerships with community-based clinics, DHS cares for about 800,000 unique patients each year, employs over 22,000 staff, and has an annual operating budget of 5 billion.
Through academic affiliations with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), the University of Southern California (USC), and the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Sciences (CDU), DHS hospitals are training sites for physicians completing their Graduate Medical Education in nearly every medical specialty and subspecialty. In addition, to its direct clinical services, DHS also runs the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Agency and the County's 911 emergency response system, as well as Housing for Health and the Office of Diversion and Re-entry, each with a critical role in connecting vulnerable populations, including those released from correctional and institutional settings, to supportive housing.MEDICAL HUBS
The Los Angeles County Medical Hub Clinics provide high quality, coordinated health care for children who are involved with the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).
The Medical Hubs offer:
- Compassionate care by medical providers who understand the needs and concerns commonly experienced by children, families and caregivers in the child welfare system;
- Services for children in all stages of DCFS involvement, including medical assessments of suspected child abuse or neglect, comprehensive medical exams for children entering out-of-home care, and ongoing well-child care and sick visits.
- Linkages to pediatric specialty care for children with complex medical needs;
- Board-certified child abuse pediatricians and child interview specialists with extensive training in assessing suspected child abuse and neglect;
- Close coordination with DCFS Children's Social Workers and Public Health Nurses and the Department of Mental Health, to ensure that identified health, mental health and developmental needs are addressed.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs initial medical evaluations for DCFS-involved children and adolescents.
- Provides initial consultation regarding child physical abuse, sexual abuse, and/or neglect (with support through on-site consultation with Child Abuse Pediatrician).
- Serves as a primary care provider for well-child visits at recommended intervals to address preventive health needs, keep immunizations up to date, track developmental progress, manage ongoing health conditions, and address parent/caregiver concerns.
- Performs acute care visits for DCFS-involved children (low acuity issues such as otitis media, jaundice, asthma, etc.)
- Collaborates with the medical home team members to provide child and family-centered care that is sensitive to the effect of trauma on families and children.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS: OPTION I.
A Bachelor's degree* in Nursing or a closely related health field** from an accredited college or university AND
a Master's degree* or higher in nursing from an accredited college or university. OPTION II
. An "accelerated" Master's degree* (in the absence of a Bachelor's degree) in nursing from an accredited college or university. To qualify under Option II
, Applicants must attach a legible copy of your Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) diploma or official transcripts AND
an official letter from the accredited institution that indicates the "accelerated" program with your application at the time of filing OR within 15 calendar days from application submission. LICENSE(S) REQUIRED:
The required license(s) and certification(s) must be current, active and unrestricted; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license or certification will not be accepted.
- A license to practice as a Registered Nurse and a certificate to practice as a Nurse Practitioner issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- An active and current Nurse Practitioner medication furnishing number issued by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
- A current, active certification in accordance with the American Heart Association's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program.
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
Please ensure the Certification/License Section is completed. Provide the title(s) of your required license(s), the number(s), date(s) of issue, date(s) of expiration and the name(s) of the issuing agency for each license as specified in the Selection Requirements.PHYSICAL CLASS II- Light
: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10-pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved. SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION :
*In order to meet the Selection Requirements, applicants are required to attach a valid legible photocopy of Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree with the application at the time of filing, or email the copies of degrees to exam analyst, Sylvia Jaimez at email@example.com within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of filing your application online.
Applications without the required degrees will be considered incomplete, and subject to disqualification.
**Closely related health field includes:
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Education
- Health Science
- Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Education
- Healthcare Administration
- Public Health (for other than Public Health Nurses)
- Experience with acute and primary pediatric health care.
- Experience managing child abuse, sexual abuse, and/or neglect cases.
- Experience with Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
- California Clinical Forensic Medical Training Center (CCFMTC) Pediatric Sexual Abuse Forensic Examiner trained.
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) trained.
- Pediatric or Family Nurse Practitioner
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of a self-assessment based on the Supplemental Questionnaire weighted 100%, covering experience, professional development, collaboration, and leadership and management skills.
Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on this examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.Notification Letters and other correspondences will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that applicants provide a valid email address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email address book and to the list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as SPAM/JUNK mail. ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
Applications will be processed on an "as-received" basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to eligible register accordingly.
The names of the candidates receiving a passing score on this examination shall be added to the eligible register without indication of relative standing in the examination. Successful candidates will remain on the register for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of eligibility. No person may compete in this examination more than once every twelve (12) months.SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. VACANCY INFORMATION:
The Eligible Register resulting from this examination will be used to fill vacancies throughout the North County Area Only
. APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION :We only accept applications submitted on www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lacounty
Please ensure that you submit your application and additional documents by 5:00 pm, PDT, on or before that last filing date.
We do not accept applications submitted by U.S. Mail, Fax, or in person.
Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website. Note:
If you have issues submitting any documents during the online application filing, you may email the documents to the Exam Analyst, Sylvia Jaimez at firstname.lastname@example.org within fifteen (15) calendar days of filing online. Please include your full name, examination number and examination title in the subject of your email.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the requirements. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, and description of work performed. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment. The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number. COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.ADA COORDINATOR PHONE
323-914-7111CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE
Sylvia Jaimez, Exam Analyst