FILING DATE: July 19, 2018 at 8:00 a.m., PST
Until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.EXAM NUMBER: Y9015GTYPE OF RECRUITMENT
Open Competitive Job OpportunityTHIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO REOPEN THE FILING PERIOD , UPDATE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, SALARY INFORMATION, SPECIAL INFORMATION AND APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION. PERSONS WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED WITHIN THE LAST TWELVE (12) MONTHS NEED NOT REAPPLY, BUT MAY SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO BE ATTACHED TO THEIR ORIGINAL APPLICATION. THE INFORMATION MUST INCLUDE THE CORRECT EXAMINATION NUMBER AND EXAMINATION TITLE.DEFINITION:
Supervises the work of professional social work and support staff providing clinical social work services to patients and their families in a small County hospital, a unit of a large County hospital, a large ambulatory care center, or the Children's Medical Services program.
Essential Job Functions As the head of a small program:
As a unit supervisor in a large County hospital:
- Plans, directs, assigns and evaluates the work of professional social work and support staff providing direct services to patients and their families.
- Confers with departmental administration and heads of other disciplines to plan new programs and coordinate the clinical social work program with other health care services.
- Plans and conducts orientation, in-service training and staff development programs which may include coordination with graduate schools of social work to provide supervised field experience for students.
- Follows Federal, State, County and departmental social work policies and regulations for subordinate staff. Acts as a technical resource person to social work and other department staff.
- Acts as liaison with public and private agencies to increase awareness regarding social work services and community resources available and to communicate departmental objectives.
- Has immediate responsibility for planning, organizing, assigning and evaluating the work of professional social work and support staff assigned to the unit.
- Provides clinical hours and supervision for non-licensed staff as required by the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS).
- Interprets County, State and Federal regulations and the hospital and clinical social work policies, program standards and procedures for staff and instructs staff regarding social work techniques, community resources, and interagency services.
- Participates in the formulation of and changes in clinical social work programs, policies and procedures by assessing the effectiveness of clinical social work services within the assigned unit.
- Plans and conducts unit orientation and continuing staff development program and participates in the orientation programs of other disciplines.
- Coordinates the activities of clinical social work services in the unit with other disciplines through interdisciplinary staff meetings, resolution of interdisciplinary procedural and personnel problems, and coordinated implementation of new services or programs.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
A Master's Degree in Social Work from a graduate school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education followed by four (4) years of professional social work experience, two (2) of which must have been in a medical setting functioning in an independent capacity providing highly specialized* social work services.LICENSE:
A valid and active license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker issued by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.PHYSICAL CLASS II:
Light: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
*Highly specialized in the County of Los Angeles is defined as: an in-depth knowledge of a particular field of work or discipline.
In order to receive credit for the required degree under the Selection Requirements, you must include a legible copy of the official diploma, official transcripts, or official letter from the accredited institution which shows the area of specialization with your application at the time of filing or fax it to (323) 869-0942 within 15 calendar days from filing online.License/Certificate Information:
In the license/certificate section of your application, be sure to give the title of your required certificate, number, date issued, date of expiration and the name of the issuing agency as specified in the Selection Requirements.
The required license and/or certificate must be current and unrestricted
; conditional, provisional, probationary license and/or certificate will not
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of an evaluation of experience based upon application information weighted 100%.Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the examination in order to be placed on the Eligible Register.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
Applications will be processed on an "as-received"
basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade on this examination will be added to the Eligible Register and will appear in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of eligibility.No person may compete in this examination more than once every twelve (12) months.
The resulting eligible register for this examination will be used to fill vacancies in the Department of Health Services.SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Appointees may be required to work any shift including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
AnyAPPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATION SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply
" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
from the Class Specification and Selection Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
and you may be DISQUALIFIED
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the requirements. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed . If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents, you must fax them to (323) 869-0942 or
e-mail the documents to the exam analyst within 15 calendar days of filing online
. Please include the exam number and the exam title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For Candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record. DEPARTMENT CONTACT:
Meri Snkhchyan, Exam Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.orgADA COORDINATOR PHONE:
(323) 914-7587CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE: