The purpose of this position is to monitor the City's parks fees and security. This is accomplished by serving as a gate attendant; collecting fees from campers and general park picnic fees and monitoring park entrance security. Other duties include interacting with other City employees and the general public. Essential Job Functions
- Collects entrance fees by informing customers of park rules; charging customers the proper entrance or activity fee; ensuring that proper receipt and forms are given to the customer and maintaining accurate records of transactions.
- Provides customer service by having frequent interaction with citizens and park patrons; answering questions; and providing directions.
- Provides security by monitoring and observing activities for the safety and security of citizens and patrons
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. Level of knowledge equivalent to less than high school or equivalency.
- No experience required.
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation. Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Very Frequent: More than 51% of work time.
Closing Date/Time: 8/31/2021 5:00 PM Central