Overview IT ADMINISTRATOR $143,097 - $187,815 AnnuallyPLUS Excellent Benefits Final Online Filing Date: Sunday, 4/11/2021Virtual Qualification Interviews - 4/19, 4/20, or 4/21/2021Finalist Interviews - Week of 4/26/2021 USD is Building its Future - Join us and Build Yours, too!
Are you passionate about protecting the San Francisco Bay? Union Sanitary District is transforming its Alvarado Wastewater Treatment Plant to reduce the nutrient loading to the Bay. This will improve water quality in the Bay. Are you looking for a place to grow and develop your skills, to have the opportunity to do meaningful work and serve your community? Join us as we move forward into the future.
USD offers careers with a great work/life balance. We are extremely proud of our diverse workforce of professionals. We currently have one position available for an IT Administrator
. In this key role, you will oversee the development, administration, and evaluation of our information systems as you manage our IT Master Plan.
Union Sanitary District (USD) is an award-winning, innovative independent special district formed in 1918 providing wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal services to the residents and businesses in the Tri-cities of Fremont, Newark, and Union City in southern Alameda County (south-eastern Bay Area). USD is committed to providing exceptional service to our customers through the fulfillment of our Mission Statement, "To safely and responsibly collect and treat wastewater, and to recover resources from process waste streams, while protecting human health and improving the environment in a way that benefits the Tri-Cities and all USD stakeholders." Examples of Duties
We're seeking an experienced, IT professional with strong skills in IT governance and guidance, IT administration, and project management. Some of the typical responsibilities you will work on include:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Administer the Cisco Call Manager phone system, CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System), mobile devices, physical security system, and M365 tenant administration (Azure AD, SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive, etc.).
- Administer the SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system, thin clients, Historian database, Trending system, and interfaces from SCADA Historian to CMMS and WIMS (Wastewater Information Management System).
- Oversee the development and updating of computer operations procedures and program documentation, including IT records management system; provide direction and mentorship to IT team on maintaining the system.
- Oversee development, modification, and implementation of the District's IT policies, Information Technology Master Plan, and IT project management governance.
- Manage the IT Renewal and Replacement Plan.
- Manage the Microsoft Windows network including Azure, Office 365, AD, WINS, DNS, DHCP, FSMO roles, and Windows servers.
- Oversee analysis of overall systems performance, including evaluating operating procedures to eliminate inefficiencies.
- Manage various IT projects including determining scope, developing project budgets and timelines with end products, manage RFI/RFQ/RFP process, coordinate procurement, implementation and training related, oversee vendors/contractors, document project progress.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities indicated below. A typical way of acquiring the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this work is:Education
: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in information systems, computer science, or a related field. Experience
: Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in a business/industrial Microsoft Windows server environment.Knowledge of
: the principles and techniques of systems analysis, computer programming and operations; database, systems, and network administration; the installation, operation, and maintenance of computer software and hardware; IT troubleshooting techniques; cyber security, techniques and methods of project development and management; and principles and practices of effective supervision.Ability to
: plan, organize, and direct an agency-wide information systems program; identify IT needs and develop cost-effective recommendations; analyze user requirements and determine how technology can assist them; understand current trends and directions in information technology; analyze data and draw sound conclusions; prepare and maintain accurate and complete records and reports; provide technical training to IT staff; oversee the work of IT consultants; prepare and administer budgets; organize work, set priorities, coordinate work flow so as to meet critical deadlines and efficiently use equipment and staff
resources, and follow up on assignments; understand and carry out oral and written instructions in English; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including providing technical information in non-technical terms; provide instruction and training to end users and other information systems staff.Interpersonal Effectiveness
: Ability to work safely and effectively in a team-based organization focused on continuous improvement; establish and maintain a positive customer service attitude and effective working relationships with customers; demonstrate strong two-way communication skills, including the ability to listen, explain, and facilitate; ask for input; offer help without being asked; accept suggestions; work with others to solve problems; and provide recognition and encouragement.Certifications
IT certifications such as Project Management Institute PMP, Microsoft Certified Professional, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent experience, are preferred but not required.Other Requirements
Must possess the physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the job, including the ability to assist with lifting computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. The District operates on a 24/7 schedule, 365 days per year, and you must be willing to work overtime as needed. May be occasionally required to drive a motor vehicle or otherwise travel off site. If operating a District vehicle, must be insurable by the District.Excellent Benefits
We also offer an excellent benefits package including:
Additional Information Important Application Information
- CalPERS retirement 2.5% at 55 formula. (If new to CalPERS or not from an agency with reciprocity with CalPERS, the formula is 2% at 62 by pension reform law.)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance substantially paid for by the District for the employee and family.
- Two weeks' vacation per year (increasing with longevity), and 13 paid holidays per year.
- STD, LTD and Life Insurance paid by the District.
- Alternative Work Week Schedule.
- Educational Reimbursement, Student and Computer Loan programs for non-probationary employees.
- Deferred compensation matching up to $3,050 per year.
Applicants must apply online at www.unionsanitary.ca.gov by 4:00 p.m., Sunday, April 11, 2021.
Union Sanitary District is not responsible for the failure of Internet forms in submitting your application.
Candidates who meet minimum qualifications will be invited to participate in a Virtual Qualifications Appraisal Interview and Work Sample scheduled for April 19, 20, or 21, 2021
Finalist interviews are scheduled for the week of April 26, 2021.
You will be contacted regarding all phases of this recruitment via email, so please check your inbox for correspondence regarding next steps and results through the exam process. Please ensure that the email address on your application is correct and current before submitting your application. Before appointment to the position the candidate must pass a criminal background check which includes a finger print scan, references, current DMV report and pre-employment physical.Disaster Service Worker:
Employees of Union Sanitary District are, by state and federal law, Disaster Service Workers. In the event of a declaration of emergency, any employee may be assigned activities which promote the protection of public health and safety or the preservation of lives and property either at the District or within the local, or your own community.Accommodation:
Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process should advise Human Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org upon submittal of application.Union Sanitary District is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.
Closing Date/Time: 4/11/2021 4:00 PM Pacific