JOB SUMMARY :
Under general supervision, coordinates the aquatics program for the City of North Las Vegas Parks and Recreation Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Coordinates the activities of the City of North Las Vegas pool facilities including supervising staff and activities, organizing events and maintaining sites
- Ensures that safety regulations are enforced and facilities are properly maintained, ensures that rules and regulations are enforced and updates them as necessary.
- Oversees the organization and scheduling of classes and competitive events
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring of staff.
- Assures proper teaching methods, rules and regulations and makes recommendations regarding discipline when necessary.
- Performs staff audits of life saving techniques
- Performs chemical testing of pool water and makes chemical adjustments as warranted.
- Responds to public inquiries and performs other public relations work as necessary.
- Assists in evaluating program attendance, participant response and costs, and makes recommendations as to whether to continue or cancel programs.
- Inventories and makes recommendations for the allocation of personnel, equipment and supplies and submits purchase requisitions as necessary.
- Supervises the collections of fees for class registrations and, accounts for money collected
- Assists in analyzing trends in recreation programming, community attitudes, programs being offered, program requests, socio-economic issues, population groupings and other factors in program planning
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
Education and Experience :
Any combination of education, training and experience which produces knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job and related to the essential functions of the position.
Licenses and Certifications:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certificate preferred.
- Lifeguard Training Instructor Certificate preferred.
- Water Safety Instructor Certificate preferred.
- Proficient in WordPerfect and Quattro Pro or equivalent
- The ability to become proficient in Oracle Time Entry
- Grade: TMP-11
- Minimum Salary: 14
- Maximum Salary: 14
- Pay Basis: HOURLY