Summary WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was named "The #1 Best Place to Live in America." Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That's why we exist. OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace. However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are guided by four employee-inspired values - Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy, family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our exceptional work environment as a high performance organization. SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under the context of the Perfect Client Experience (PCE model) in the IT Operations Guide, this position is responsible for providing technical support to the team responsible for a subset of business systems applications; integrates and develops desktop/browser-based applications for back-end server processes.Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities GENERAL EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
In order for us to continue to achieve our primary function of making McKinney a better place to live, work, and raise a family, we hold these expectations for all employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn and demonstrate an understanding of how team, department, and City goals are interconnected.
- Contribute to a positive work culture.
- Ability to assess his/her work performance or the work performance of the team.
- Contribute to the development of others and/or the working unit or overall organization.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team, to demonstrate team skills, and to perform a fair share of team responsibilities.
- Ability to continuously learn and develop through a mix of internal and external training opportunities, and if applicable, encourage subordinates to do the same.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administer and provide operational support of application(s).
- Manage and execute application installation, upgrade and patching projects.
- Utilize ticketing system to document and track all inbound and outbound customer interactions.
- Identification and implementation of enhancements to current applications(s).
- Articulate timely responses to all customers and internal stakeholder needs.
- Improve and document the technical processes around application support, create and publish knowledge articles.
- Support customer inquiries and requests on application(s).
- Gain an understanding of how the customer utilizes the application and look for area's to suggest changes to improve efficiencies for our customers.
- Maintain applications backups, plan for system availability, and troubleshoot and repair problems through resolution.
- Work with external vendors and technical support teams to resolve issues and deliver strategic enhancements.
- Automate manual activities of application(s).
- Provide metric reporting for various applications and systems.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and provide long range planning to user departments.
- Adhere to and maintain departmental standards, procedures, and documentation.
- Comply with all written City policies and procedures.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule as outlined in City and department attendance policies and procedures.
- Thorough familiarity with services/frameworks, and/or Application Programming.
- Interfaces (APIs) to communicate with server software and access databases.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Required Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to embrace and embody the City's core values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (R.I.S.E.).
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and people to whom service is provided.
- Ability to produce desired work outcomes, including quality, quantity, and timeliness.
- Ability to plan and organize work, time, and resources, and if applicable, that of subordinates.
- Ability to prioritize and engage management in situations when prioritization is a challenge.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport with all levels of clients (internal and external) and address their respective issues quickly and accurately.
- Experience working in a matrixed position.
- Strong organizational/time management skills required.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Proficient in Excel and data mapping.
- Able to support web based applications.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution in Computer Science or related discipline. Four years of progressively responsible experience in Information Technology Systems with experience working with enterprise wide vendor software applications and experience in IT support.Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Three or more years of experience in enterprise application administration (installation, upgrading, patching, user access management).
- Two or more years of experience in report building using Crystal Reports/SSRS/Cognos.
- 1-2 years of experience with implementation and/or configuration of Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Familiarity with ITIL Framework.
- One or more years of experience in ServiceNow/Central Square Technologies/Superion applications.
- Well versed in Windows platform and network technologies.
- Experience in a municipal environment.
Physical Demands/Supplemental PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- Must have Class C Texas Driver's License
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (50 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station. Some tasks require visual and sound perception and discrimination and oral communications ability. WORK ENVIRONMENT
There is limited exposure to environmental conditions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The City of McKinney is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to an alcohol / drug free workplace and to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous