CLASS SUMMARYGET PAID TO MAINTAIN BEAUTIFUL SPACES!
The City of Spokane is hiring temp seasonal Grounds Caretakers
The Grounds Caretaker is responsible for watering, cleanliness, and general upkeep of green spaces and hardscapes. Work is conducted at one community park and services nearby neighborhood parks and rights-of-way.
The Grounds Caretaker has the option of working at Manito Park or at other City parks with the Park Operations Department.
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains restrooms and picnic facilities.
- Operates small, motorized, hand-held landscaping equipment, including line-trimmer, power edger, and blower.
The season typically runs April through October. Standard hours of work are between 6:00 am to 2:30 pm, 5 days/wk.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Must be 18 yrs of age or older and have a current drivers license.
- Requires frequent interaction with public.
- Ability to see, with or without corrective lenses, well enough to read fine print such as instructions in standard text.
- Ability to hear, with or without a hearing aid
- Enough body mobility to walk and stoop to perform landscaping duties
- Tolerance to work under adverse conditions such as outdoors in heat and cold.