The schedule for this position is: Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ( Electronic Monitoring is a 24 hours/7 days a week
department of the Massachusetts Probation Service, located at the Massachusetts Probation Service Training and Operations Center (MTOC) in Clinton, Massachusetts. ) Bi-Lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Please upload your most recent resume during applicantion process. First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.This position is designated as Management and is covered by the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual. You must upload a resume to your profile during the application process to be considered.
MISSION STATEMENT OF THE MASSACHUSETTS TRIAL COURT
The Trial Court is committed to:
- fair and impartial administration of justice;
- protection of constitutional and statutory rights and liberties;
- equal access to justice for all in a safe and dignified environment with policies and practices that strengthen and support diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- efficient, effective, and accountable resolution of disputes;
- prompt and courteous service to the public by committed and dedicated professionals utilizing best practices in a manner that inspires public trust and confidence.
DEPARTMENTAL MISSION STATEMENT
The Massachusetts Probation Service's mission is to increase community safety, reduce recidivism, contribute to the fair and equitable administration of justice, support victims and survivors, and assist individuals and families in achieving long term positive change. ORGANIZATIONAL PROFILE:https://www.mass.gov/orgs/massachusetts-probation-service
Working within the Office of the Commissioner of Probation (OCP), the ELMO Systems Manager is responsible for maintaining the ongoing performance, data quality, security and integrity assessments of ELMO operations and business processes. This includes the performance of routine reviews by ensuring quality compliance in accordance with Probation and ELMO Standards and other applicable regulations. The ELMO Systems Manager will be a strategic thinker with excellent organizational, project management and presentation skills. The Manager must have a full understanding of ELMO operations, the mission and vision of the organization, and has the ability to quickly adapt to changing needs. This Manager will be responsible for monitoring ELMO personnel and their assigned processes via spot checks, surveillance and audits. In addition, she/he shall be responsible for performing various tasks within ELMO and other related duties to support the operational requirements.
This position receives direct supervision from the Statewide Manager of ELMO or his/her designee.
- Performs internal audits of the ELMO Unit's operation and provides support for external/field regulatory audits to ensure the ELMO Unit is in compliance with standards;
- Performs ELMO system-related internal and external audits;
- Assists in the development and implementation of enhancements to the ELMO Unit's quality systems procedures;
- Establishes and maintains standard operating procedures for the ELMO Unit in accordance with applicable standards;
- Assists in improving quality documentation including creating, revising, and reviewing procedures, processes, and/or work instructions;
- Liaises with the ELMO software vendors for technical purposes; authors and reviews electronic monitoring records;
- Reviews and approves records and other quality-related documentation, which includes inspecting records including shipping records, equipment maintenance and calibration documentation, etc.;
- Evaluates calls, case notes and chronological entries in all ELMO systems and provides feedback to the Management Team;
- Investigates and addresses customer complaints related to ELMO and provides a summary of the findings to the Management Team;
- Assists in establishing, maintaining and continually improving the overall quality of systems;
- Provides technical direction of the quality assurance program to internal personnel;
- Collects relevant data, maintains databases, prepares reports, attends all scheduled meetings and presents accurate accounts of information regarding the ELMO Unit's processes;
- Maintains advanced knowledge of all ELMO equipment, software programs, and reports;
- Coordinates and/or performs or signs off on data collection and data logs;
- Manages the receipt of and reviews data and prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required per relevant procedures related to the ELMO Unit;
- Assesses employees' skills, performance and productivity to identify areas of improvement;
- Provides training input to the Management Team and helps assist with training needs;
- Collaborates with supervisors and the Management Team for system improvements;
- Assists in developing new approaches to meet the changing needs of the ELMO;
- Keeps abreast of learning trends, developments and best practices for ELMO;
- Maintains contact and develops relationships with local probation departments and outside
agencies as needed;
- Assists with filing and retrieval of documents (both physical and electronic) within the ELMO Unit;
- Performs special projects and other related duties to meet the requirements of the Trial Court.
JOB COMPETENCIES Competencies Key Skills
Ethics and Values
Communicates and demonstrates the ethics and values of Probation Service and the Trial Court.
Mission and Vision
Understands, upholds, and communicates the stated organizational mission and vision.
Understands information services operations, specialized tools, applications, and software, and how they can best serve the needs of the Probation Service.
Team Building (Motivating Others)
Fosters a sense of shared goals and accountabilities through the development of positive relationships in order to promote a healthy work environment.
Demonstrates flexibility and openness to modifications and adaptations suitable to the situation; Receptive to diverse ideas while respecting other's opinions and roles.
Understands the appropriate use of advocacy and persuasion in order to train and effectuate positive change and growth within the organization.
Accurately assesses technology problems in Probation software applications, products, and services, and recommends and facilitates appropriate solutions.
Demonstrates a commitment to continuously improve their knowledge of fast changing computer programs, hardware and software through professional development.
Ability to understand and teach information technology.
These are the minimum requirements necessary to apply for the position of the ELMO Systems Manager:
A Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of work experience in auditing, legal compliance and reporting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience and or training in comparable work operations, work-flow process analysis and design, operations management, systems management;
- Experience with criminal justice and/or court systems a plus;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Project management skills;
- A good understanding of internal controls, risk-assessment practices and standards;
- Ability to maintain accurate and current records;
- Ability to establish work priorities and work independently;
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to effectively communicate in presentation and in instruction/training settings; and
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work professionally with a variety of stakeholders including judges, court officials, employees, probationers and other individuals at all levels of the court system and the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
OTHER PLEASE NOTE:
Employment is contingent upon passage of a criminal record check.HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must apply by completing a Trial Court online application by clicking "Apply for this job online" button at the top of this page.
If you are not viewing this online, go to the Judicial Branch Jobs page at https://careers-trialcourtsofmass.icims.com/jobs and search for this job.
PLEASE NOTE: Paper, faxed or emailed applications or resumes are not accepted for any Trial Court position. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER