Caltrain is the commuter rail system serving San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties that spans 77 miles and is governed by the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (PCJPB), which consists of agencies from the three Caltrain counties. Each member agency has three representatives on a nine-member Board of Directors. The member agencies are the City and County of San Francisco, SamTrans and the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. Caltrain operates a fleet of 29 locomotives and 123 passenger cars. The average weekday ridership for Caltrain is over 60,000 passengers.
Currently, Caltrain is going through a modernization program, The Peninsula Corridor Electrification Project (PCEP). The electrification of the railway is a transformative change, and this is the most exciting time in the 150 year history of the railway. The primary purpose of the Project is to improve Caltrain system performance, reduce long-term environmental impact by reducing noise, improve regional air quality and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. DIVISION CalTrain
Rail (Capital Program Delivery) APPLICATION DEADLINE CalTrain Continuous Recruitment (1st Cut-off Friday, April 17, 2021) Other Information CalTrain
Location: San Carlos, CA JOB SUMMARY CalTrain
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Director, Capital Program Delivery, and is responsible for developing, managing, and administering rail projects from design through construction phase for the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain). MINIMUM QUALIFICATION CalTrain
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS; Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Five (5) years fulltime experience in project management of fixed technology projects such as Information Technology, Control, Mechanical, Electrical, or Communication systems.
- Certified Project Manager Certificate from the Project Management Institute.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS&DUTY CalT
- A California Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
- Experience in Rail Transportation or Construction Management.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Possess a California driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Manage the scope, schedule, and budget of Caltrain capital systems projects.
- Responsible for the whole project lifecycle from planning, design, procurement, construction, integration, commissioning, and closeout.
- Develop and maintain the project execution plan for assigned projects.
- Work closely with the assigned project engineer(s) to ensure that all deliverables are compliant with Caltrain standards.
- Acts as liaison with internal and external stakeholders for assigned projects.
- Provide oversight and directives for Consultants, Resident Engineer, and Construction Management Staff throughout the project.
- Manage assigned projects and support Senior Project Managers and Program Managers as needed.
- Support and embrace the Asset Management process in the organization.
- Manage coordination and communications with all involved parties, including internal and external stakeholders, other agency departments, senior management, consultants, and contractors.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and builds consensus.
- Investigate, negotiate, and resolve project issues. Identify the root cause of problems and present appropriate solutions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
How To Apply CalTrain
- Represent assigned Caltrain projects at meetings, including monthly internal project reviews.
- Perform the following project management duties; develop the scope of work, prepare and review cost estimates; monitor and produce status reports, schedules, and budgets; monitor work in progress; approve, negotiate and execute, funding agreements and consultant contracts, authorize contract payments per contract.
- Prepare staff reports and presentations for Management, the Board of Directors, and other stakeholders on assigned projects
- Negotiate and resolve project issues.
- Work closely with the assigned project engineer(s) to ensure all deliverables are compliant with Caltrain standards
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to represent Caltrain for assigned projects.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities safely to protect oneself, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned
SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDE:CalT
- To apply, please visit the www.caltrain.com/about/Jobs.html. Complete an online employment application and supplemental questionnaire. This is a Continuous Recruitment (1st Cut-off April 17, 2021). A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the application and supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete application will not be considered.
- The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308.
- Caltrain celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive, and welcoming workplace environment. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encourage to apply.
The process will include a panel interview and may include written and skills test assessments or supplemental questions. Only those candidates who are the most qualified will continue in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to continue in the process. Selected candidate must successfully complete a background investigation. PAY RANGE -CalTrain
$2,117 - $3,176 per week ($110,089 - $165,134 estimated annual) CURRENT EMPLOYMENT BEN:CalT
For further benefit details please go to: https://www.smctd.com/jobs.html#benefits
Holidays: Seven (7) paid holidays, plus up to four (4) floating holidays per year
Time Off: Paid Time Off: 26 days per year
Cafeteria Plans: Medical, dental, vision care, group life insurance, and more
Transportation: Free bus transportation for employees and qualified dependents
Retirement: Social Security and California Public Employees Retirement Systems CalPERS)
- Classic Members - 2% @ 60 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation
- New Members - 2% @ 62 benefit formula, 3 year average of highest compensation