Description HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
The El Dorado County Health And Human Services Agency is committed to transforming lives and improving futures for the citizens of El Dorado County. Their programs and services include: Behavioral Health, Public Health, Community and Social Services. Their over 600 employees are dedicated to enhancing and enriching the lives of those in their communities. SOCIAL SERVICES, CHILD WELFARE
The Health and Human Services Agency's Social Services Division strives to improve the quality of life for the residents of El Dorado County. Child Protective Services helps to identify, treat and reduce child abuse and neglect, and to ensure reasonable efforts are made to protect and maintain children in their homes. THE OPPORTUNITY
Use your knowledge and skills to assist the children in your community. The Social Worker IV will have the opportunity to perform casework of an advanced nature dealing with complex individual and family problems and undertake intensive treatment plans and counseling requiring professional knowledge and training. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Carry a caseload of more difficult types of social services cases requiring a high degree of technical competence, such as situations where environmental forces affect family life.
- Receive and respond to reports of suspected abuse; obtain information from reporters; personally investigate and assess situations to protect vulnerable adults and children, and recommend alternate placement; may provide information to law enforcement or district attorneys; may be required to work on-call; may testify in court.
- Develop intensive long- or short-term treatment plans, which require a comprehensive fund of professional knowledge with the aim of improving or restoring individual or family functioning.
- Ensure all services are delivered in a respectful, culturally sensitive, and appropriate manner and in conformance with agency, state, and federal requirements.
- Act as a casework consultant to staff members without professional training.
- Perform specific types of counseling and support to clients with complex or specialized needs incapable of self-care.
- Receive reports of abuse, neglect, and exploitation regarding children and/or older and dependent adults; investigate allegations by conducting interviews with victims and others; assess situations to protect vulnerable adults and children and recommend, implement, and monitor alternate placement; may remove children from unsafe situations.
- Coordinate and directly monitor family visitations to assess progress toward the case plan goals.
Human resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following recommendations: Education and Experience:
A master's degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university;
A master's degree from an accredited two (2) year counseling program*;
One (1) year of full-time experience performing advanced journey-level social work case management equivalent to the County's class of Social Worker III in a public or private agency; and a master's degree in social or behavioral science, psychology, anthropology, sociology, or counseling education.
*Qualifying counseling degrees from a two (2) year counseling program includes: Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, Addiction Counseling, Gerontology, or Counseling Psychology.Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain, a valid California or Nevada Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for Social Worker IV, as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Heather Andersen in Human Resources at email@example.com. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process. T his recruitment has been changed to an open until filled bulletin. Training and Experience Review (Weighted 100%):
A training and experience review consists of candidates responding to supplemental questions on the job application. A subject matter expert will evaluate each candidate's responses based on predetermined criteria. The subject matter experts are not granted access to the candidate's application; therefore, responses to the supplemental questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete. Do not refer to resumes, cover letters, or other documentation as they will not be reviewed.
Supplemental questions play an integral role in this recruitment process. Please take the time to provide thoughtful and thorough responses. The information you provide may be used to determine your ranking for referral to specific vacancies. All work experience that is described or included in your response(s) MUST be included in the "Work Experience" section of your application. Do not refer to a resume or other documentation.
For more information on the recruitment process, click here .
Based on the department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Social Worker IV. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time, part time, and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months. There is currently one (1) full time vacancy in the Health and Human Services Agency's Child Welfare Division, located in Placerville, Ca.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require a pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history. Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles from Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles from Sacramento Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
Closing Date/Time: Continuous