APPLY ASAP - Applications R eviewed Daily Filing Deadline:
Applications will be accepted until filled and reviewed daily. TOTAL ANNUAL COMPENSATION WITH BENEFITS UP TO $214,445 *
San Bernardino County Human Resources (HR) is growing and seeks experienced, energetic and innovative HR leaders
ready to take up the challenge and help achieve our vision of a high-impact HR Department that empowers its staff to function as creative change agents in serving County and departmental operations.
This excellent opportunity for career growth, also offers a lucrative compensation and benefits package
that includes bi-annual step increases of 2.5% up to max step (a dvanced step placement upon hire is subject to qualifications) , and the benefits listed below:
As an alternative to the traditional benefits package, you may also be eligible to elect the Modified Benefit Option (MBO) that provides an increased base rate of pay (4% above the base rate of pay) with modified benefits. For more detailed information on the MBO for Exempt Group, refer to the MBO - Exempt (Non-Elected) BbBOU - Benefits Summary Guide .
*Depends upon selected benefit options Human Resources Managers**
are responsible for planning, organizing, and directing a section or program of the HR Department. They provide support to an HR Deputy Director or the Director in the development, implementation and delivery of HR programs and services to County departments, management and employees.
Essential duties of this classification include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage programs and/or a support section to meet either countywide or internal departmental organizational needs.
- Direct assigned staff; evaluate work; hire; approve salary advances and recommend disciplinary actions as required.
- Oversee major departmental projects; provide interface with other departments to meet programmatic needs; evaluate departmental or County organizational needs and recommend new projects, procedures, or policies.
- Make presentations to committees, hearing officers, department directors and managers, or elected officials as necessary.
- Develop and manage a section or departmental budget; approve and justify expenditures; recommend budget changes; coordinate with other departments as required.
- Analyze programs or proposals; develop strategies for meeting organizational needs; determine impact of proposals and assure proper implementation when adopted.
- Negotiate and prepare contracts designed to provide specific services; act as contract manager and monitor service delivery.
- Work with representatives of employee organizations; meet with County managers to resolve problems within area of responsibility; advise on policy or procedural matters.
HR is currently recruiting to fill an Human Resources Manager** vacancy
in the following area: Center for Employee Health and Wellness (The Center)
The Center, through Occupational Medicine professionals, provides a place where County employees can go for all their occupational health needs, including pre-employment physical services for all County departments, Workers Compensation treatment plans and Return to Work clearances. The incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing and directing occupational and non-occupational health related services for the County.
The incumbent will also supervise Center staff and implement staff development programs; ensure program compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards governing employee health and safety; develop, implement, and evaluate program policies, procedures, and standards; provide interpretation of medical standards and p rotocols; prepare, negotiate, and monitor contracts for employee health vendors; develop and implement quality management program/procedures to improve systems, performance, and service; maintain an effective working relationship with County departments and coordinate with other Human Resources divisions; and may occasionally provide direct care to employees.
The County of San Bernardino has a diverse workforce of approximately 22,000 employees who are represented by eleven employee organizations comprised of 26 bargaining units. To learn more about San Bernardino County's Human Resources Department and services click HERE . **Official Title:
Human Resources Section Manager Minimum Requirements Applicants must MEET one of the options listed below: Option 1 - Occupational Health Practitioner
- License: Must possess and maintain a valid license as a Registered Nurse from the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Certification: Must possess and maintain healthcare provider CPR certification.
- Experience: Four (4) years of experience as an RN, which includes three (3) years in an Occupational Health setting. Qualifying experience must have included two (2) years of experience as a full-scope supervisor or manager overseeing healthcare staff.
- License: Must possess and maintain a valid license as a Physician Assistant from the State of California Physician Assistant Board.
- Certification: Must possess and maintain healthcare provider CPR certification.
- Experience: Four (4) years of experience as an Physician Assistant, which includes three (3) years in an Occupational Health setting. Qualifying experience must have included two (2) years of experience as a full-scope supervisor or manager overseeing healthcare staff.
Substitution: An additional two (2) years of qualifying practitioner experience may substitute for the required supervisory experience. Option 2 - Hospital Administrator
Option 3 - HR Advanced Professional
- Education: A Bachelor's Degree in healthcare, business or public administration, nursing or other relevant field.
- Experience: Two (2) years of professional-level administrative or management experience in an acute care hospital. Qualifying experience must have included two (2) years of experience as a full-scope supervisor or manager overseeing healthcare staff/hospital operations.
- Education: A Bachelor's Degree in human resources management, industrial relations, organizational psychology, public or business administration, or another job relevant field.
- Experience: Two (2) years of advanced professional human resources experience (equivalent to a Human Resources Analyst II or higher in San Bernardino County) administering or managing human resources programs (e.g., employee benefits and wellness, employment, employee/labor relations, classification, EEO, etc.) in a public sector/merit systems agency. Qualifying experience must have included full scope supervisory responsibility for professional level staff in a public sector human resources setting.
Substitution: An additional two (2) years of qualifying professional human resources experience may substitute for the required supervisory experience.
For all options listed above, applicants with an acceptable combination of relevant education and qualifying experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered.
Note: Qualifying degrees must be completed at a college or university accredited by any accrediting association recognized by the United States Department of Education. Degrees completed outside the U.S. must be accompanied with an evaluation report from a reputable credential evaluation service showing equivalency to degrees or coursework completed at a college or university accredited by any accrediting association recognized by the United States Department of Education. Desired Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position will have a certificate in Occupation Health and/or a Bachelor's degree in nursing; candidates with a Master's degree in public health or nursing are highly desired. In addition, candidates are preferred who have extensive HR experience that is commensurate with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the current vacancy in the County's Center for Employee Health and Wellness (The Center).
The ideal candidate will also excel in the following:
Selection Process Application Procedure :
- Administer program goals and objectives; implement initiatives and recommendations in support of department and County vision and goals.
- Develop short- and long-range goals; establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stake holders; foster collaborative group processes and efficiently use resources to achieve goals.
- Assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands in order to adhere to timelines and meet deadlines.
- Broad knowledge of human resources practices and principles with particular emphasis in the areas of the current vacancies.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with with the ability to capture, inform and engage all stakeholders using correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
To receive consideration for this excellent opportunity, please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application and/or the supplemental questionnaire. Priority Application Review Date:
Applications received by March 19, 2021 will be included in the first review/processing of applications; subsequent reviews may be conducted as needed to meet business needs. Apply asap as this recruitment may close at anytime once a sufficient number of qualified applications are received. Selection Process:
The selection process will consist of a competitive evaluation of qualifications
based on the application and responses to the supplemental questions. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the appointing authority for further consideration. Candidates advancing in the selection process will receive further information/instructions via email only.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by computer or browser used to submit the application. Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
Closing Date/Time: Continuous