CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the postdoctoral researcher will conduct research to identify novel topological states of matter that arise due to symmetries and corresponding physical properties. This will involve carrying out ab initio electronic structure calculations, developing mathematical models, analyzing/interpreting data, and dissemination of results through peer publications and presentations. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Candidates are required to have a PhD degree in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Demonstrated skills in ab initio electronic structure of topological states of matter; symmetry-based
• models; tight-binding methods; Wannier function methods; k.p methods, ab initio calculations of transport properties; higher order topological insulators, symmetry-based topological semimetals.
• Must be familiar with condensed matter physics.
• Strong research record with publications in peer reviewed journals.
• Ability to mentor students in research
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 2351 / Research Fellow
• The salary range for this classification is: $2427 -$16,773 per month. The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $2427 -$4166, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
• Applications received through March 15, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California