***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY*** PRESCHOOL TEACHER (PART-TIME)HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & Recreation WORK LOCATION:
Centre Concord Preschool, 5298 Clayton Rd., Concord, CA 94521 HOURS: School Year Program (September-May)
Monday through Friday,
8:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
*we follow MDUSD holiday schedule
**Additional hours allowed for prepping/trainings/meetings Summer Program (June-August)
Monday through Thursday,
8:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. SALARY:
Starting at $17.22/Hour FINAL FILING DATE:
May 21, 2021 THE IDEAL CANDIDATE :
The Ideal Preschool Teacher Candidate is someone who:
THE POSITION :
- Enjoys working with preschool aged children and their parents;
- Possesses a patient and supportive approach to the learning process;
- Is someone who wants to be part of a child's early childhood learning:
- Possesses excellent customer service skills;
- Is someone who is enthusiastic and encouraging:
- Is someone who is inventive and creative;
- Is someone who is flexible, yet dependable; and
- Is someone who is reliable and responsible.
The City of Concord's Parks & Recreation Department is seeking for a friendly, customer service oriented team player to join our preschool team as our Preschool Teacher for the 4-year old class. The teacher will work with the classroom aide and lead in providing an early childhood program that prepares the children for kindergarten. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement curriculum for classroom
- Provide appropriate learning experiences to include group and individual activities;
- Provide and maintain a safe, clean and healthy learning environment;
- Establish a positive relationship with children, parents and staff;
- Supervise Teacher Aide in duties performed to implement program;
- Be an active participant in class activities;
- Use appropriate class management skills with the children;
- Interact with other teaching staff and administration as needed; and
- Attend scheduled meetings and trainings.
The ideal candidate must enjoy working with children between the ages of 2 and 4, have experience working with children, and general knowledge of planning programs. Education:
Twelve (12) Early Childhood Education units. Experience:
Must have some experience working with children in a preschool setting. Other Requirements:
APPLICATION / SELECTION PROCEDURES:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to clear TB test, fingerprints check, provide current CPR and First Aid Certificate. City of Concord can assist in meeting these requirements.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application at www.cityofconcord.org.
All applications will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined above. Only those candidates who best meet the qualifications will be invited to interview. Other: FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Please contact Raquel Diaz, Program Coordinator, at (925) 671-3324 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 05/21/21 5:00 PM Pacific Time