Salary: $110.089 USD
Salary Top: $165.134
Apply By: Jun 01, 2021
Caltrain is the commuter rail system serving San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties that spans 77 miles and is governed by the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (PCJPB), which consists of agencies from the three Caltrain counties. Each member agency has three representatives on a nine-member Board of Directors. The member agencies are the City and County of San Francisco, SamTrans and the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. Caltrain operates a fleet of 29 locomotives and 123 passenger cars. The average weekday ridership for Caltrain is over 60,000 passengers.
Currently, Caltrain is going through a modernization program, The Peninsula Corridor Electrification Project (PCEP). The electrification of the railway is a transformative change, and this is the most exciting time in the 150 year history of the railway. The primary purpose of the Project is to improve Caltrain system performance, reduce long-term environmental impact by reducing noise, improve regional air quality and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Project Manager reports to Director Capital Program Delivery and is responsible for developing, managing, and administering capital funded civil design and construction projects ranging from $20 - $200 million for the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain).
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for overall management of scope, schedule, budget and quality of assigned capital projects from initiation to closeout.
- Manage projects through design, procurement and construction.
- Manage consultant and in-house staff in formal design reviews of bridges, track and structures projects.
- Manage coordination and communications with all involved parties. Collaborate and build consensus.
- Respond to others and seek to understand by asking questions and active listening.
- Represent JPB at Board, Commission, Council, and Community Meetings.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Present project status at regular review meetings.
- Review cost estimates, monitor project schedules and budgets, monitor work in progress, approve, authorize, negotiate and execute contract changes, consultant invoices and process payments.
- Coordinate with the Resident Engineer and Construction Management Staff during construction.
- Prepare work directives to engage design consultants and oversee design work.
- Responsible for handover of completed project to systems integration and operations staff.
- Investigate, negotiate and resolve project issues.
- Identify root cause of issues. Determine and present appropriate solutions.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related fields.
- Five years of full-time professional project management experience Civil, Structural, or Transportation Engineering.
- Possession of a current California Professional Engineer’s License.
- Transportation in rail or construction management experience.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess a California driver’s license with a safe driving record.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE:
The process will include a panel interview and may include written and skills test assessments. Only those candidates who are the most qualified will continue in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to continue in the process.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please visit the https://www.caltrain.com/about/jobs. Complete an online employment application and if required the supplemental questionnaire. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the application and supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete application will not be considered.
- The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308.
- SamTrans celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive, and welcoming workplace environment. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encourage to apply.
San Carlos, California