*** RECREATION SPECIALISTS NEEDED FOR TARTESSO ELEMENTARY AND BUCKEYE ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS***
Under close supervision, assists participants in the activities of a City recreation program. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Assists participants in activities and programs at recreation facilities; plans events and activities, as directed by Recreation Coordinator.
- Coordinates and organizes activities and special events for City recreation programs; programs include adult and child programs, recreation facilities, special events, youth activities and sports programs.
- Supervises program and facility guests, and enforces rules.
- Sets up and takes down equipment for activities and events; supervises and coaches participants as directed.
- Maintains equipment and facilities in clean and safe condition.
- Maintains event calendars.
- Communicates with the general public and others in order to coordinate program activities, special events and utilization of facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
High school diploma or GED is required and six (6) months of parks, recreation or other related experience. Minimum of 60 hours training or schooling in the area of youth development, recreation, education or closely related field is required for some positions. Officiating certification preferred, but not required.Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Additional Information: Special Requirements:
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of policies, rules and regulations governing the conduct and safety of persons using municipal recreational facilities, programs and equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment used in recreational and sports programs.
- Knowledge of all sports rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of proper materials and procedures used for cleaning.
- Skill in interacting with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with people.
- Skill in following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
First Aid and CPR certifications. Must be at least 21 years of age
to work in some recreation programs. Childhood experience preferred. Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors and in recreation facilities.Reports To:
Recreation CoordinatorSupervision Exercised:
Sat. 05/01/21 6:00 PM Mountain Time