MULTIPLE OPENINGS AVAILABLE FOR RECREATION AIDE (BASE)
Under close supervision, assists and supports recreation staff in providing recreation programs for the Buckeye youth. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Assist in day-to-day operations (including set-up and organization) of various recreation programs, events and activities.
- Sets up and takes down equipment for activities and events; supervises and coaches participants as directed.
- Monitors program participants.
- Referee youth sports programs offered through the City.
- Interacts with the public in responding to questions and assisting in preparation for programs and events.
- Enforces rules and regulations and monitors security of facilities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Must be a minimum of 16 years of age. High school diploma or GED is required to work in some recreation programs.Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Additional Information: Special Requirements:
- Interact with citizens in a fun, friendly and courteous manner.
- Interact effectively and courteously with the public and other employees.
- Knowledge of various types of recreation programs (i.e. athletic games, drama, music and/or computers).
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
Current First Aid and CPR certifications or ability to obtain. Hours worked will vary based on department needsReports To:
Recreation CoordinatorSupervision Exercised:
Sat. 05/01/21 6:00 PM Mountain Time