Provide excellent customer service to all pool patrons by exemplifying a positive attitude and exceeding the needs of the patrons. Assist in the training, supervising and evaluation of pool staff. Teach swimming skills and water safety; monitor use of swimming pool area; and provide rescue and first aid functions. Ensure a fun and safe environment for all patrons. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties ARE NOT
intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Monitor activities at the pool to prevent accidents.
- Rescue swimmers in emergency situations.
- Follow established emergency action plan and procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Enforce pool rules and comply with Maricopa County Aquatic and Food Safety regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons.
- Create lesson plans and provide proper instruction to each participant.
- Teach skills which adhere to Starfish Swim guidelines to promote water safety.
- Assist with swim lesson registrations, open swim fees and all other pool financial transactions.
- Answer inquiries for Aquatics programming and provides information to patrons.
- Assist with the inventory of pool supplies and equipment.
- Assist with the distribution and collection of program evaluations.
- Facilitate the planning of and participate in all in-service trainings throughout the season.
- Supervise and participate in the cleaning of the Aquatics facility.
- Resolve patron and staff issues fairly and professionally in the absence of the Pool Supervisor.
- Complete required paperwork timely and accurately.
- Train, mentor and supervise pool staff in the absence of the Pool Supervisor. Assist in the completion of pool staff evaluations.
- Determine/provide necessary Basic Lifesaving Support in an emergency situation.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
High School diploma or GED and two (2) years Lifeguard experience required. Must possess Maricopa County Food Handler's Card. Two (2) years experience instructing swim lessons preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age.Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Knowledge of:
- City policies and procedures.
- Maricopa County Aquatic and Food Safety regulations.
- Basic cash handling procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative, effective working relationships with public and staff.
- Operate a computer using various software.
- Lift 50-100 pounds.
- Act quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
Additional Information: Special Requirements:
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Staff supervision and training.
- Water rescue, first aid, CPR and lifesaving.
Must possess a current Maricopa County Food Handler's Card, Starfish Swim Instructor certification and a current StarGuard Lifeguard Certification OR American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification (WSI), Lifeguard Training/First Aid, and American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certifications.
Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors.Reports To
: Pool SupervisorSupervision Exercised:
Provides direction to aquatic staff.FLSA Status:
Closing Date/Time: Continuous