CLASS SUMMARYFIND WORK THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!The City of Spokane's Aquatics Program seeks friendly and motivated team members looking for a fun way to serve the community!
Responsibilities include providing quality swimming instruction at various skill levels following and adhering to ARC "Learn to Swim" program; provide proper supervision; assisting with swim lesson registration procedures; completing paperwork for registration and class records in a timely and accurate manner. WSI are responsible for assisting with routine pool maintenance and custodial duties and other tasks as assigned by supervisors. Work schedules will vary. Reports to Facility Managers; Aquatic Supervisory Staff.Desired skills include:
Part-time up to 40 hours per week. Season typically runs June through August.
- Have excellent communication skills [ability to answer phones, and speak with public] and decision-making skills
- Thorough knowledge and application of teaching styles in coordination with ARC Standards.
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures
- Must be at least 16 years of age at time of appointment
- Possess a valid government issued ID and Social Security Card
- Required to submit to background check and drug test
MUST possess current (through summer) certifications in American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification; American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor; American Red Cross CPR for the Pro Rescuer; American Red Cross Blood Bourne Pathogens at time of season opening. NEED OR DESIRE WATER SAFETY TRAINING AND/OR CERTIFICATION COURSES?
Check out these courses!Catalog - Spokane Parks & Recreation (rec1.com)