CLASS SUMMARYFIND WORK THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!The City of Spokane's Aquatics Program seeks friendly and motivated team members looking for a fun way to serve the community!
Responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies. Lifeguards must recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergency situations. Enforce all facility rules and regulations. Inspect facility on a regular basis and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to pool management. Complete records and reports. Participate in regular in-service trainings. Maintain appropriate fitness level. Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor.Desired skills include:
Part-time up to 40 hours per week. Season typically runs June through August.
- Have excellent communication skills, decision-making skills, confidently speak with the public and answer phones
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures
- Must be at least 15 years of age at time of hire
- Possess a valid government issued ID and Social Security Card
- Required to submit to background check and drug test
MUST possess current (through summer) certifications in American Red Cross Lifeguarding & First Aid; American Red Cross CPR for Lifeguards; American Red Cross Blood Bourne Pathogens at time of season opening. NEED OR DESIRE WATER SAFETY TRAINING AND/OR CERTIFICATION COURSES?
Check out these courses!Catalog - Spokane Parks & Recreation (rec1.com) Requirements of work include (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Stamina to stand for long periods time
- Ability to remain alert, focused, and ready to respond appropriately for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to swim 300 yards