Looking for Sports Officials to officiate assigned games for league and tournament play. Must be able to make instantaneous decisions on rules of play set forth by Spokane Parks and Recreation. Approximately 2.5 - 20 hours a week, based on availability. Season is typically March through November.
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
The primary duties of the Sports Official include, but are not limited to:
- Observe actions of players, regulate play, ensure guidelines, rules and sportsmanship are enforced
- Resolve conflict among players, spectators, and others in stressful situations.
- Officials may confer with other officials or department staff to coordinate actions and discuss problems.
Other responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Record keeping
- Document game and/or incident reports
- Document accidents/injuries
- Inspect sports equipment and/or players to ensure safety and compliance with rules
- Put player safety and health first by dealing effectively with unsafe situations or player conduct, including coaches and the general public.
Previous experience working within recreation programs, and/or previous team-sports experience (officiating experience desired but not required). Seeking outgoing and professional individuals who possess the ability to make instantaneous decisions, resolve conflicts, and be able to handle stress and pressure well.
Must be 18 years of age and have reliable transportation
Applicants are subject to background checks & drug test.
- Have excellent communication skills and decision-making skills
- Ability to work as a team member and/or independently
- Availibilty to work evening and weekend hours
- Ability to lift 20-50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation