The Job Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC)
seeks an experienced hospital administrator to serve as the Associate Hospital Administrator (AHA)
and provide administrative direction and strategic guidance to ARMC's Professional Services. The AHA is part of the hospital's executive team and oversees a variety of professional services departments which includes Pharmacy Services, Clinical Laboratory, Respiratory, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Medical Imaging, and other services/departments as assigned. To View our Recruitment Brochure Click HERE . Priority review will begin on Monday , March 8, 2021.
This position offers a competitive salary range of $126,838-$173,243
annually depending on qualifications plus a valuable and comprehensive benefits package for employees and their eligible dependents that includes medical, dental and vision; a 401 K plan, County pension coverage; paid vacation, sick and administrative leaves; 14 paid holidays and much more. For detailed information regarding County Benefits click HERE: The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Supervises, through subordinates, a large staff of healthcare professionals and support staff, making personnel decisions, evaluating performance, and assessing training needs; establishes new training programs for staff, ensuring accreditation through university affiliations as appropriate.
- Collaborates with clinical, ancillary, support, and other departments to manage and reduce departmental costs through cost management and utilization; determines staffing, capital equipment, and improvement needs; prepares capital and operating budget recommendations and achieves budget goals.
- Develops and implements systems for applicable regulatory/licensure compliance; communicates effectively and makes rounds to educate and ensure compliance with established standards; develops processes to meet and maintain compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates performance improvement plans within areas of responsibility; directs managers/supervisors in the use of quality management results.
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates delivery systems and services within assigned departments to achieve standards and goals for core measures and accomplish program objectives to improve patient care and services; makes recommendations for change and timely implementation.
- Maintains a leadership role as an effective liaison with medical staff, patients, medical center management, county departments, and various private and public agencies; provides current information and standards on services, procedures, and policies; represents the Medical Center at meetings.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer for ARMC. ARROWHEAD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Located on a beautiful 70-acre campus in Colton, California (50 miles east of Los Angeles), Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC)
is a state-of-the-art, public/nonprofit, 456-bed, university affiliated teaching hospital
licensed by the State of California Department of Public Health and accredited by The Joint Commission The hospital houses a regional burn center serving four counties (San Bernardino, Riverside, Mono and Inyo), a comprehensive stroke center, trauma center and a freestanding in-patient behavioral health center. Additionally, we operate five community-based, primary care family health centers and provide more than 40 specialty care services. ARMC is the primary teaching hospital for the adjacently located California University of Science and Medicine (CalMed), the Inland Empire's newest medical school, which welcomed its first class in 2018. It is operated by San Bernardino County and adheres to a strict, fiscally responsible budgetary discipline.
As a member of the ARMC team, you will join an unparalleled community of communication and employee engagement, with access to continuous open exchange, organizational transparency, open dialogue and sharing. Daily huddles, digital forums, print communication, and open-door policies are just a few of the communication resources at your disposal. In addition, ARMC dedicates itself to team building and encourages employee development at all levels.To learn more about ARMC, visit www.arrowheadmedcenter.orgMinimum Requirements Education:
Master's Degree in healthcare, business or public administration, nursing or related field.Experience:
Three (3) years of administrative or management experience in an acute care hospital overseeing multiple clinical/ancillary services.
Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in a qualifying field will be considered with five (5) years of qualifying experience as stated above. An equivalent combination of qualifying education and experience may be considered at the discretion of Human Resources.Desired Qualifications
The Ideal Candidate
will be a strategic leader and planner with a proven track record in healthcare administration in an academic medical center environment. This candidate must also demonstrate the highest standard of ethical and professional conduct; possess strong leadership skills with the ability to promote teamwork, build trust and inspire a shared sense of purpose to achieve organizational goals; and be flexible and able to adapt and lead through change, as well as embrace and implement new ideas. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing budgets, growing market share in ancillary services and collaboration across all levels of the organization.Selection Process
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at: www.sbcounty.gov/jobs or submit a detailed resume and cover letter to: ExecRecruit@hr.sbcounty.gov The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the appointing authority for further consideration.
Apply no later than Monday, March 8, 2021 for Priority Consideration. Applications accepted until filled & reviewed weekly.
This position may close at any time with or without notice.