At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under general supervision of the Senior Director of Physical Plant Management, the Director, Logistical Services is responsible for the day-to-day logistical services to the University. The incumbent is responsible for overall management of University Postal Services, Shipping and Receiving, (including the transportation of materials on campus,) Asset Management, the Distribution Center (Stores), Reprographics, and Quick Copies.
• Acts as advisor to the Senior Director for oversight of the above areas and works closely with the Senior Director on budget management, organizational planning and personnel.
• Represents the Senior Director and department at campus meetings and committees; coordinates services with the University Community and acts as liaison for the department.
• Develops the areas and employees for efficiency and cost saving systems.
• As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3dhQ95R
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field. Master's degree preferred.
• Equivalent to five years of progressively responsible experience in operational/logistics field, preferably in higher education; with two (2) of the five years in a managerial/supervisory role.
• Possession of a valid California Driver's license is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
• Demonstrated ability to manage change initiatives with transferrable skills to the areas of postal services, warehousing, distribution/supply management, asset management, and reprographics. Direct experience and thorough knowledge of these areas is preferred.
• Ability and specialized skills to: work with high-level administrators and managers; establish and maintain productive working relationships within the campus and the CSU, as well as with the community.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong administrative skills and the ability to work as a member of the department management team.
• Ability to lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment. Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
• Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
• Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $89,000 to $100,008 per year, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• Applications received through March 17, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California