CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, and as part of the Central Plant Shop, the EMS Controls Specialist Programmer is responsible for the University's Direct Digital Control (DDC) heating and cooling systems, Siemens Apogee, Desigo and BACnet for the control of the Central Plant, Satellite Plant, Cooling Towers and various connected devices through the controls network. The incumbent manages the programming, sequencing and scheduling of electric, electronic, pneumatic, and digitally controlled equipment and components of all building automation systems which manage complex campus HVAC and refrigeration systems.
• Monitors, troubleshoots, designs, modifies, calibrates, and programs system features and responds to troubleshoot technical and mechanical problems, either remotely or on-site.
• Works with campus energy management personnel to maintain metering devices, ensure continuous data collection and provide data output.
• Serves as department specialist on building automation systems, including conceiving, constructing, writing, installing and maintaining simple to complex building automation system programs, routines and sub-routines.
• Serves as lead building automation system scheduler responsible for instituting and altering building, area and room schedules.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/2ZuXyqo
• Four or more years of experience in the following areas:
a) Progressively responsible skilled journey-level experience diagnosing, repairing and maintaining large, complex and sophisticated heating, ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning and water treatment systems.
b) Experience installing, inspecting, servicing, repairing, replacing and calibrating building automation and comfort systems.
c) Experience using programming features of building automation systems.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough understanding of electric, electronic, pneumatic and digitally controlled building automation systems including a thorough knowledge of assigned building automation systems.
• Ability to use the building automation system's programming features to design, modify, and implement programs to achieve facilities management goals, as well as to perform remote and hands-on troubleshooting, intervention and repair.
• Thorough knowledge of the theory and operation of major types of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and of the materials, equipment, and techniques used in the repair and maintenance of such equipment including the ability to operate, and repair same.
• Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and mechanical codes, thermodynamics and automated energy/environmental management systems.
• Thorough knowledge of the methods, tools, estimating process, and materials used in the operation, maintenance and repair of high and low-pressure boilers, and heating, pneumatic, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration and other mechanical equipment.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 6260 / Facilities Control Specialist
• The salary range for this classification is: $6034 -$7651 per month. The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $6034 -$6979, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through March 11, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California