ASSISTANT PORTFOLIO MANAGER
(Administrative Manager I)
This position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 2.5% increase
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.0% increase
Mandatory Employee Retirement Contributions will decrease on the following dates:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 1.2% decrease
Effective July 1, 2022 - 0.5% decreaseSalary placement within the range listed above is dependent upon
the position requirements, successful candidate's qualifications and subject to appropriate authorization.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT
This recruitment is open to the public
for a minimum of five (5) business days, and will remain open on a continuous basis until 11:59 p.m. (PST) on the day the County's needs are met.
The first round of considerations are on Mon day, February 22, 2021 .
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
This recruitment will establish an open eligible list
. This list may be used to fill current and future Administrative Manager I positions with this specialty. This recruitment may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
The mission of the County of Orange
, Treasurer-Tax Collector
is to ensure safe and timely receipt, deposit, collection and investment of public funds. Our vision is to implement best business practices which maximize value, minimize costs, and provide timely, accurate and courteous service to our internal and external customers. To accomplish our mission and vision, we will invest public funds in a manner that provides maximum security of principal and maintains the public trust; maintain sufficient liquidity to enable participants to meet their operating cash requirements; obtain a stable market rate of return throughout budgetary and economic cycles; provide timely, cost-effective, accurate, and courteous customer service; invest resources to develop and maintain knowledgeable and competent staff; act in an ethical and professional manner while maintaining honest, respectful, and open communications; and, streamline cashiering and collection processes to increase timely collection of public revenues for the benefit of Orange County citizens. THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the direction of the Director of Investments, the Assistant Portfolio Manager assists in the management of the County's $10 billion fixed income portfolio. The Assistant Portfolio Manager is responsible for the following:
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the investment strategy including, but not limited to, analyzing different fixed income investments to purchase based on cash forecasts at competitive rates, maintaining liquidity to meet expected expenditures based on liquidity policies, and analyzing new security types for possible inclusion in portfolios
- Executing the investment strategy approved by the Treasurer and the Director of Investments to meet the goals of the Investment Division for the pooled funds and specific investments
- Implementing approved policies and procedures to monitor investment performance and compliance of the portfolio with Government Code, the approved investment policy statement and internal policies
- Reviewing current procedures and recommending changes to streamline investment processes
- Preparing analysis of various investment related statistics, including trending of investment yields, liquidity needs and other related analysis
- Maintaining and updating, as needed, under the direction of the Director of Investments, the Bloomberg AIM (POMS) trading system, and the Bloomberg Pre-Trade Compliance rules
- Analyzing historical financial information of low to moderate complexity to produce reports of business, industry, or economic conditions for use in making investment decisions
- Working closely with approved broker/dealers to purchase investments at competitive rates
- Developing or assisting in developing cash forecasts for investment purposes
- Assisting in developing interest rate forecasts and monitoring current interest rate forecasts by analyzing short- and longer-term markets and macroeconomic cycles
- Assisting in the School and Community College Districts municipal bond offering process by reviewing official documents, analyzing proposed debt pricing, structure including assessed valuations and other bond analysis and coordinating with other various bond financing team members, including the Districts' professionals as the Treasurer is the banker for these Districts
- May draft, prepare, and prepare analysis on various investment sections of the monthly investment report
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess a combined four (4) years of professional work experience as an:
- Investment officer in a high quality fixed income trading environment managing a liquidity or working capital pool, AND/OR
- Fixed income portfolio manager trading high quality fixed income investments
The ideal candidate should have working knowledge of Bloomberg, a strong background in debt financing, and experienced in portfolio accounting software. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess extensive knowledge and/or experience in the following core competencies:TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE | TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
LEADERSHIP | SUPERVISORY SKILLS
- Performing accounting, investment analysis, treasury analysis, market analysis, investment reporting, or investment performance measurement
- Understanding and applying of California Government Code on Investment Guidelines and Policies
- Knowledge of the Capital Markets, including the issuance and management of debt
PROBLEM SOLVING | ANALYTICAL SKILLS
- Clarifying performance expectations (e.g. roles, responsibilities, standards, and goals) collaboratively with others
- Tailoring developmental suggestions (e.g. training, learning opportunities, key experiences) to fit individual, team, and organizational needs
- Managing all aspects of performance management systems within established time frames
- Demonstrating a diligent work ethic as well as working independently and as part of a team
COMMUNICATION | ORAL & WRITTEN
- Accurately identifying issues, impacts, and solutions
- Researching, organizing, accurately interpreting, and applying relevant data
- Working in a fast paced environment, to multi-task, while handling and prioritizing multiple projects and to meet deadlines with accurate and complete work product
- Paying strong attention to detail and demonstrating a high level of accuracy
- Producing and presenting forecasts and reports on investment related information for presentation to a committee
- Working effectively with various levels of organization, including staff, supervisors, and upper-level management
- Demonstrating strong verbal and written communications skills; writing with excellent grammar skills and articulating ideas in an organized and effective manner
to learn more about the minimum qualifications for the Administrative Manager I classification as well as the physical & mental requirements and environmental conditions. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Human Resource Services (HRS) will screen all application materials to identify qualified applicants. After screening, qualified applicants will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment.
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings.Application Screening (Refer/Non-Refer)
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job . Only those applicants that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.Application-Appraisal Panel (Weighted 100%)
An Appraisal Panel (AAP) of job knowledge experts will thoroughly screen and evaluate the application and supplemental questionnaire for job knowledge, competencies, and related experience described above.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified.
All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies. Only the most successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION EMAIL NOTIFICATION
Email is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, contact Joanne Li at Joanne.Li@ocgov.com
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous