SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $4,693.00/month to $6,591.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
The primary mission of the Office Student Equity and Success (SEAS) is to promote and support student academic success by providing leadership, advising, engagement, and additional student-focused programs and services. SEAS maintains a collaborative, campus-wide perspective in its efforts to ensure academic success and increase student persistence, retention, and timely progress to degree. SEAS consists of six programs designed to support low income, first generation students, as well as cultural programming.
To learn more about the SEAS Programs, visit the website here:
The EXCEL program offers eligible students in-depth, long term academic support throughout their undergraduate education. Assistance is available in a wide variety of areas including Academic Advising, Personal Counseling, Scholarship Information, Career Development, Graduate School Advising, Learning Skills, and Tutoring in Basic Skills.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Director, this position serves as Coordinator of the EXCEL Program and a key member of the leadership team, advising and supporting the Director on new policy, budget, and program decisions needed to meet current trends and challenges.
Additionally, the Coordinator works with students, faculty, staff and administrators to ensure the delivery of program services that lead to retention and graduation of EXCEL participants. The Coordinator collaborates with all programs within SEAS and programs on campus that serve EXCEL students to assure the University's compliance with the broad requirements of various Federal, State, and CSU-related laws, regulations and policies.
This is a temporary, full-time grant-funded position through June 30, 2022, with the possibility of reappointment.
Manage the day-to-day program operations of the EXCEL Program
* Responsible for the coordination, implementation, and evaluation of student counseling, office management, and program coordination.
* Oversee the EXCEL Counselors' workflow, their advising/ counseling decisions, and, design, implement and monitor the program's operational policies.
* With respective staff, plan, develop, and monitor facilities, equipment and staffing needs for EXCEL Program operations.
* Provide professional guidance, technical advice, and direction to EXCEL Counselors, Front Desk staff, and other program staff, as needed, on complex and/or sensitive issues regarding EXCEL Program.
* In consultation with Director, provide guidance to operations' staff to resolve disputes pertaining to students, faculty, and/or staff regarding services, as needed.
* Provide leadership to EXCEL Counselors, Front Desk staff, and Academic Engagement Coaches, including student assistants in related areas.
* Provide Director with input for annual performance evaluations for all employees receiving lead work from this position.
* Collaborate with Director on all personnel-related matters for all employees receiving lead work from this position in compliance with the respective bargaining unit agreements.
* Ensure relevant professional development and training for staff.
* Ensure that the EXCEL Counselors are trained, understand, and adhere to the Education Code and the Higher Education Act that are relevant to a Student Support Services programs.
Collaborate with Director
* Collaborate with Director to develop, analyze, revise, and implement EXCEL Program policies and procedures consonant with legal mandates, best practices, and case law to ensure compliance with related Federal and State laws, as well as University and CSU wide policies and Executive Orders.
* Assist Director to develop short-range and long-range strategic plans, as well as to establish and meet program goals and priorities to accomplish University and department strategic plans.
* Assist Director with compiling data and generating evaluation reports of EXCEL program operations as needed for EXCEL program assessment and evaluation.
* Assist in developing, administering and monitoring the annual department budget.
* Work closely with Director to assess EXCEL staffing needs. Recruit, hire, and train relevant staff as necessary.
Outreach and Education
* Assist the director in the implementation of strategic development of outreach and education for the university community to facilitate collaboration and enhance student outcomes
* Contribute to the development of EXCEL outreach and education materials
* Conduct in-service and outreach workshops, trainings, and presentations across campus as needed and requested
* Act as a liaison to the entire campus community regarding EXCEL
* Participate on university committees, taskforces, and networks
* Develop and foster positive working relationships with key academic-related campus departments and personnel to help facilitate their support of EXCEL student success
Other Essential Functions
* Manage and maintain the electronic office management software/ database (Blumen)
* Other duties as assigned
* Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent laws and regulations.
* Demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public and business administration and operational and fiscal management.
* Expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies.
* Ability to understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective and discern applicable underlying principles to conceive of and develop strategic solutions.
* Ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations. Demonstrated consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups.
* Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus.
* Proficient in English (grammar & reading).
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to work under stress in meeting deadlines.
* Must be able to work effectively on the computer for sustained periods (with appropriate breaks as needed).
* Demonstrated experience in organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize such tasks.
* Experience with collaborating across disciplines, departments, and programs.
* Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
* Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
* Visual acuity associated with concentrated computer use.
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Master's degree in related field.
* Familiarity with Assistive Technology.
* Thorough knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and policies related to TRIO programs and higher education.
* Previous experience in higher education settings.
* Familiarity with related programs and services such as TRiO, Department of Rehabilitation, and Accessibility Services.
* Demonstrated experience providing lead work direction for other staff.
* Experience with database management.
* Experience with programmatic management and strategic planning.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a position with supervisory/lead responsibilities, subject to completion of the University on-line Sexual Harassment training as a condition of employment.
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled