SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $3,064.00/month to $4,106.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
The primary mission of the Office Student Equity and Success (SEAS) is to promote and support student academic success by providing leadership, advising, engagement, and additional student-focused programs and services. SEAS maintains a collaborative, campus-wide perspective in its efforts to ensure academic success and increase student persistence, retention, and timely progress to degree. SEAS consists of six programs designed to support low income, first generation students, as well as culturally programming.
To learn more about the SEAS Programs, visit the website here:
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The SAP Office Manager (ASC I) reports to the Director of EOP and SAP. Working independently and under general supervision, the Office Manager provides moderate to complex administrative support to the Renaissance Scholars and EXCEL Programs and guidance to student staff. The Office Manager evaluates and recommends procedure updates to increase the efficiency of the program. The incumbent provides lead work direction to ensure operational support of the Renaissance Scholars and EXCEL Programs.
The Renaissance Scholars Program provides a variety of educational and support services for former foster youth attending Cal State East Bay. The major goals of the program are to increase educational opportunities for former foster youth; improve the retention and graduation rates of program participants; and to create a supportive environment that encourages academic success.
The EXCEL program offers eligible students in-depth, long term academic support throughout their undergraduate education. Assistance is available in a wide variety of areas including Academic Advising, Personal Counseling, Scholarship Information, Career Development, Graduate School Advising, Learning Skills, and Tutoring in Basic Skills.
This is a temporary, full-time, grant funded position through June 30, 2022, with the possibility of reappointment.
Administrative Program Support:
* Manage student groups in PeopleSoft, Blumen, and Bay Advisor to ensure proper data for counselor caseloads.
* Establish and update content for the EXCEL Program's Bay Sync and Facebook page.
* Collaborate with other S.E.A.S programs on department-wide events.
* Assist with planning and staffing student outreach events.
* Act as lead for the suite, which includes troubleshooting equipment issues, overseeing and performing administrative support needs and general maintenance of the suite.
* Coordinate clerical and administrative support function for the Renaissance Scholars and EXCEL Programs.
* Manage the inventory of program supplies and equipment; order office supplies and equipment.
* Prepare, organize and keep record of expense claims, check requests and hospitality documents.
* Assess EXCEL applicant eligibility and process student applications.
* Enter student information in program databases.
* Respond to inquiries about the program, providing information that require comprehensive knowledge of university policies and procedures.
* Serve as back up receptionist, routing calls to appropriate individuals.
* Maintain EXCEL Program calendar.
* Manage program forms and update forms as needed.
* Request orders as needed for supplies, marketing and event materials.
* Develop and maintain spreadsheets with data relevant to individual projects.
Lead Work Direction and Personnel:
* Serve as timekeeper for RSP and EXCEL Student associates.
* Distribute pay warrants to staff and student workers.
* Assist in coordination of S.E.A.S student hiring and training events.
* Assist with the recruitment, interviewing, and lead work direction of student associates.
* Delegate appropriate task and responsibility to student staff.
* Initiate staff and student hiring paperwork.
* Coordinate with the appropriate administrator to oversee and obtain necessary approvals for student work hours.
* Maintain student employee handbook.
Coordination of Meeting and Events:
* Reserve space using Live 25 for meetings and events.
* Collaborate with staff on agenda items for staff meetings.
* Communicate pertinent information from departmental meetings to EXCEL staff.
* Attend staff meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
* Identify and resolve issues regarding scheduled events.
* Design event/workshop flyers and program event materials.
* Create web based invitations/ RSVP for program events.
* Assist with task list, agendas, supporting documents and inserts for information packets.
* Ensures that staff and appropriate participants receive timely notice of meetings/events.
* Assist with meeting and event setup and clean up.
* Manage meeting logistics including catering, materials distribution and technology support.
Other Duties as assigned:
* Serve on special committees as needed.
* Serve as additional staff at department/division events.
* Any other duties assigned by the appropriate administrator.
* Knowledge of and experience or the ability to learn PeopleSoft, purchase orders, and p-card use at CSUEB.
* Knowledge of and/or ability to learn about grants with respect to grant's goals, responsibilities and processes.
* Knowledge of and/or ability to learn about university policies and procedures as well as the ability to answer questions and route to proper unit.
* Knowledge of and/or ability to learn event coordination and planning.
* Proficiency with office and University software and systems, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Cascade web software, PeopleSoft, Bay Advisor (EAB Navigate), etc.
* Excellent attention to detail. The ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when completing tasks.
* Strong organizational and time-management skills.
* The ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
* Excellent written communication skills. The ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
* Strong oral communication skills; must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills.
* The ability to work effectively, build positive and collaborative working relationships in a diverse campus community.
* Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
* Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
* Visual acuity associated with concentrated computer use.
Requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Previous experience in an educational setting; experience working with young adults from diverse ethnic backgrounds including first generation, low income, and former foster care students. Experience working with TRIO Programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled