SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $5,000.00/month to $6,250.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Environmental Health & Safety, this position is responsible for managing the campus occupational health and industrial safety programs, Theatre & Art safety, environmental protection, and hazardous waste management programs.
* Implement and manage comprehensive occupational health and industrial safety programs, including but not limited to Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), medical monitoring, bloodborne pathogen, heat illness, traffic safety, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, fall protection, electrical safety, lockout/tagout, confined space, hot work, powered industrial equipment, hazard communication, and PPE program.
* Implement, maintain, and manage various environmental protection programs, including but not limited to aboveground storage tanks, storm water protection (MS4), spill prevention control and countermeasure plan (SPCC), FOG, and sanitary sewer management program.
* Implement and maintain campus hazardous material/waste management program, to include but not limited to maintaining and updating chemical inventory, reporting requirements (CERS, biennial report, etc) and ensuring chemical and biohazard materials and wastes are properly stored and disposed.
* Develop, implement, and manage injury and illness prevention programs for the Art and Theatre department, including but not limited to rigging safety, fall protection and ladder safety, shop safety, welding and soldering, and lockout/tagout.
* Implement and manage safety training program.
* Conduct safety training and incident investigation.
* Perform risk exposure/hazard assessments, indoor air/environmental quality investigations and safety inspections; recommend and follow up on corrective actions.
* Respond to emergency situations such as chemical and hazardous material spills.
* Serve as backup/associate radiation safety officer.
* Develop, implement, and manage Diving/Boating Safety Program.
* Support Director of EHS in implementing other environmental/occupational health and safety programs as needed.
* Bachelor degree in Science or relevant field.
* 3-4 years of experience in the occupational health and safety field, with responsibility implementing and managing health and safety programs.
* Experience managing hazardous wastes; knowledgeable with DOT, EPA, RCRA standards, local CUPA requirements, CA health and safety codes, and requirements relating to hazardous material/waste storage, disposal, shipment and clean up.
* Knowledgeable in federal and state occupational/environmental health and safety standards.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral, and the ability to effectively communicate complex health and safety concepts to a variety of audiences.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office.
* Must be able to wear a respirator, walk on uneven terrains, climb ladders and lift moderately heavy items.
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled