Salary Top: up to $135,000.00 annually
Apply By: Mar 21, 2021
Come join our team!
The City of Sedona is now accepting resumes for the position of Community Development Director.
The dynamic community of Sedona seeks an experienced, collaborative, service oriented professional for our next Community Development Director.
The Community Development Director oversees staff over the following divisions: long-range planning, current planning, development review, development services, code enforcement, building safety and affordable housing. This position reports to the City Manager or the Deputy City Manager and is responsible for planning, directing, managing and overseeing the activities and operations of the Community Development Department.
The Director also provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the City Manager, City Council and appointed public bodies, and coordinates assigned activities with other City departments and outside agencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Six years of increasingly responsible experience in planning, community development, public administration or a related field, including at least two years of administrative and supervisory responsibility.
- An education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in resource management and planning, public administration, or a related field.
- A Master’s degree in a related field and AICP certification highly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this outstanding career opportunity, please submit your résumé, cover letter, a list of six work-related references (who will not be contacted without prior notice) by March 19, 2021 to HumanResources@SedonaAZ.gov.
The City of Sedona offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
• Arizona State Retirement System with matching employer contributions
• 100% City-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for employee
• Substantial contributions to health, dental and vision coverage for dependents
• HSA health plans available with generous City allowances provided
• City provided $50,000 group term life insurance
• Deferred compensation plans – Optional IRS 457 plans
• Vehicle stipend up to $250/month
• 96 hours of PTO time
• 110 hours of vacation accrual during first three years
• Eleven paid holidays
• Wellness programs
• Short-term disability
• Cell phone stipend
102 Roadrunner Dr., Sedona, Arizona