SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $2,846.00/month to $3,997.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager of Academic Projects & Initiatives, in consultation with the Dean of Academic Programs & Services (APS), the Administrative Support Coordinator provides administrative and clerical support to Academic Affairs' grant-funded projects. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination of grants, which includes, but is not limited to, managing the grant's calendar, scheduling/coordinating grant meetings and events, collecting and organizing data for reports and coordinating the implementation of programs. The incumbent contributes to creating and sustaining a supportive administrative environment to carry out the goals of Academic Affairs' grants.
This is a temporary, grant funded, full-time position through February 28, 2022, with the possibility of reappointment.
Coordinate, implement and provide administrative support for Academic Affairs.
* Provides day-to-day coordination of project operations, including scheduling of meetings, events and calendaring.
* Coordinates data evaluation and monitoring of programs, working with fiscal and assessment data to measure outcomes, effectiveness and delivery for various grant initiatives.
* Assists in creating reports and other documentation for sponsors.
* Meet regularly with appropriate department & fund managers to provide the necessary documents, data, and insight to inform appropriate decisions.
* Supporting the coordination of regular program checks by configuring and providing updated reports from CFS data warehouse.
* Represent the division internally as well as the institution externally to various consulting firms and grant foundations.
Coordinate expenses, the monitoring of transactions, and memorialization of records.
* Process requisitions, purchase orders, travel forms, and other financial forms.
* Tracks the progress of grant expenditures. Following through with all executed transactions and/or processes that further progress the implementation of academic projects
* Maintains records of finances to ensure program compliance and controls for audits.
* Supports the documentation of budgets, transactions, and reports.
* Ensures compliance by reviewing program transactions and ensuring that expenses are allowable as defined by the appropriate grant proposal and that cost is within range as outlined in its budget.
Coordinate and implement programs involving campus constituents and programs initiatives that include but is not limited to:
* Software and technology (chatbot expansion and integration, launching of new student portals, predictive analytics in course scheduling, centralized advising platform)
* Cultural change (various advising councils, data training, technical professional development),
* Workflow revisions (new models, case management, redesigned job descriptions in consultation with the appropriate administrator and Human Resources).
Other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
* Knowledge of and experience or the ability to learn PeopleSoft, purchase orders, and p-card use at CSUEB.
* Knowledge of and/or ability to learn about Academic Affairs' grants with respect to grant's goals, responsibilities and processes.
* Knowledge of and/or ability to learn about CSUEB Academic Affairs and university policies and procedures as well as the ability to answer questions and route to proper unit.
* Knowledge of and/or ability to learn event coordination and planning.
* Proficiency with office and University software and systems, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Cascade web software, PeopleSoft, Bay Advisor (EAB Navigate), etc.
* Excellent attention to detail. The ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when completing tasks.
* Strong organizational and time-management skills.
* The ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
* Excellent written communication skills. The ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
* Strong oral communication skills; must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills.
* The ability to work effectively, build positive and collaborative working relationships in a diverse campus community.
Requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled