Service Management Product Lead
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Information Technology Services
This is a one year probationary position.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Anticipated Hiring Range*
$6,249.00 - $7,500.00 Per Month ($74,988.00 - $90,000.00 Annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Candidate, who reports to the Senior Director of Service Management, is the Service Management Product Lead for ITS and is responsible for maintaining the ServiceNow application, managing incidents related to ServiceNow, and performing enhancements and development to advance the campus's ServiceNow capabilities.
The Service Management Product Lead shall be responsible for enhancing the ServiceNow implementation to advance the campus's service management roadmap. The candidate shall capture requirements, propose solution design, implement solutions in ServiceNow, coordinate test acceptance and provide production support. The candidate shall also work closely with other departments on campus who develop on the campus's common instance.
The Service Management Product Lead is responsible for extending the ServiceNow
applications and managing the ServiceNow Service Portal, including but not limited to: Working
with Units/Teams to define services and workflows; building catalog items and workflows in
ServiceNow; working with other developers to make sure functionality is appropriate and
systems integrations are operational; taking part in the Knowledge Base vetting process to
make sure articles are helpful, timely, and accurate; defining and implementing new
ServiceNow use cases; advancing the service management capabilities in ServiceNow.
In addition to configuration and development work, the Service Management Product Lead
shall oversee the product backlog for advancing the service management roadmap. The
candidate shall facilitate end-user training, documentation, and product evaluation and provide
technical guidance to career and foundation IT staff. The candidate shall track and report on
The Service Management Product Lead shall assist in supporting existing ServiceNow capabilities including incident, change, service request and service portal as well as support future goals including, but not limited to, knowledge base, asset management, configuration management, and virtual agent.
To enter this classification, a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in technical information systems and application program packages is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study. Foundation knowledge and skills for the Information Technology Consultant, depending on the nature of the position assignment, may include working knowledge of common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems.
Incumbents at the expert level work almost completely independently on the most complex problems and work assignments. They possess an advanced and comprehensive knowledge of the technical specialty and a working knowledge of related specialties and are able to apply this extensive expertise as a generalist or specialist. Experts are proactive and understand problems from broad, interactive perspective and are able to develop solutions that combine information and ideas in new, unprecedented ways. Incumbents at this level are capable of leading teams and implementation efforts for assigned projects using advanced communication and listening skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology or related field; or proven success and leadership as a technical support analyst
- Minimum 2 years' experience in ServiceNow administration
- Minimum 1 year experience with Agile Scrum
- Ability to define user requirements and propose solution design
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with varying scope and timing
- Ability to document a business process and translate to ServiceNow configuration
- Proficient with HTML
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional professional and technical writing skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to relay technical information effectively to non-technical users
- Very strong ability to reason logically and creatively to identify and resolve problems by understanding high level direction, outlining technical approach, and implementing scalable solutions
- Function effectively as a lead member of a team and participate in activities and assignments that will benefit other members of the team or will contribute to the accomplishment of team objectives
- Proficient at defining user stories and functional requirements for applications
- ITIL Foundation certification combined with functional ITIL experience
- Master's Degree in an Information Technology related field
- Experience providing IT support in higher education
- Proficient with business rules, UI policies, UI actions, client script, and access controls
- Proven success with ServiceNow report and dashboard development
- Experience implementing asset and configuration management capabilities
- Understanding of Section 508 ADA compliance
- Familiar with ServiceNow integrations and scripting
- Experience with ServiceNow modules like asset management, config management, knowledge base and change management, incident management and service request
- Managed public service portal
- Implementation experience with ITSM and CSM
- ServiceNow Admin certification
- Ability to design and troubleshoot data flows
- Basic understanding of project management functions
This person shall be capable of defining and managing project tasks and scrum stories.
May need to work weekend and/or early morning / night hours for special projects.
Eligibility to Work*
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
How To Apply
**THE ONLINE RECRUITMENT SYSTEM WILL ALLOW ONLY ONE FILE ATTACHMENT FOR EACH SUBMISSION**
Submit an online application and upload in one file attachment your resume, cover letter, describing your specific qualifications for each position AND three (3) professional references who can comment upon your education and/or job related experience.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
San Francisco, California