Assist with instruction of daily crafts, games, enrichment activities and field trips for children aged 5-16 years enrolled in Adventure Bound Day Camp programs at the Chilson Recreation Center.
Camp Season Dates & Work Schedule: This is a seasonal position ranging from March – August, working up to 40 hours per week.
• Staff Orientation & Training (REQUIRED): up to 40 hours, Monday, May 17th - Friday, May 28th; specific dates & times of individual trainings TBD
• Camp Dates (REQUIRED): up to 40 hrs/wk beginning Tuesday, June 1st- Friday, August 13th.
Hiring range: $12.32 - $13.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
This position will close Monday, April 19, 2021 at 12:00 P.M. M.S.T.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Retirement – 457 employee funded plan
- Medical Leave – Up to 48 hours accrued. Accrue 1 hour of leave per 30 hours worked
- Assist the Day Camp Director, Assistant Day Camp Director and/or Day Camp Leaders with instruction of daily crafts, games, enrichment activities and field trips on a daily basis.
- Actively participate in the preparation, implementation, and clean-up of fun, safe and age-appropriate activities on a daily basis.
- May be responsible for assisting with opening or closing of camp procedures on a rotating basis.
- Inspect classroom/program environment and equipment on a regular basis to ensure safety of participants and communicate repair or replacement needs to the Day Camp Director.
- Assist with keeping current and accurate attendance records throughout daily shifts in camp.
- Actively participate in regular communication with Day Camp Director, Assistant Day Camp Director and/or Day Camp Leaders regarding behavior strategies being utilized with campers.
- Offer and instruct effective conflict management and problem solving strategies to camp participants and assist with implementation of communicated disciplinary strategies.
- Attend and participate in all required staff trainings & meetings.
- Respond calmly and appropriately in stressful, chaotic and emergency situations according to established procedures.
- Adhere to and implement all Adventure Bound Day Camp, Chilson Center and City of Loveland policies and procedures, including any state or federal regulations for licensed school-aged day camps.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS:Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Communicates effectively and diplomatically with participants of the programs, parents, co-workers, and the general public. Uses independent, sound judgment to react quickly and appropriately in emergency situations. Exercises appropriate conflict resolution skills with camp participants and staff. Exhibits patience when dealing with stressful situations.
Must demonstrate competent organizational and planning skills. Ability to work effectively on a team, as a co-instructor, and to lead activities independently is essential.
Must be at least 16 years of age.Core competencies:
Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and KindnessJob specific competencies:
Action Oriented, Communication, Conflict Resolution, Leadership, Organizational Skills, PunctualityEducation and/or experience:
Course work related to Recreation, Education or Human Development & Family Services preferred. Minimum of 3months (or 460 hours of verifiable) experience working with children preferred. Previous experience assisting with planning, teaching and supervising large group activities preferred.Licensure and/or certifications:
Must currently possess or be able to successfully complete provided First Aid, CPR, and Standard Precautions certifications within 30 days of hire date and prior to working with children. Clearance from state, federal, and child abuse reporting background checks is required.Material and equipment directly used:
Athletic and recreational equipment, printer, computer, telephone, photocopierWorking conditions and physical requirements:
Performs the duties of this position in several different locations, in both inside and outside environments. May be exposed to dirt, sand, water and differing weather conditions. Bends, pushes, pulls, stoops, kneels, climbs, carries and lifts participants (up to 70 pounds) on a regular basis. May be exposed to noisy and stressful situations. Instructs and demonstrates various recreational activities, and is responsible for ensuring the safety of all participants in said activities by exhibiting and encouraging safe and proper use of equipment at all times.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.A comprehensive pre-employment criminal history background check, including fingerprint check will be obtained in order to clear for initial and ongoing employment.