Assists with management and supervision of program staff and children aged 5-16 years enrolled in Adventure Bound Day Camp programs.Primary responsibility in coordination and oversight of weekly activities, enrichment programs and field trips for campers entering grades 6-9. May assist with coordination and oversight of camps for elementary students (grades K-5) as needed.
Camp Season Dates/Work Schedule: Seasonal position working 40 hours per week March-August
Spring Break Camp (HIGHLY PREFERRED): Monday, March 15th - Friday, March 19th
Camp Pre-Planning (REQUIRED): up to 10 hrs/wk through April & May
Staff Orientation & Training (REQUIRED): Monday, May 17th - Friday, May 28th; specific dates & times TBD
Camp Dates (REQUIRED): 40 hrs/wk Tuesday, June 1st through Friday, August 13th
Hiring range $14.00 - $16.00, depending on qualifications and experience.
This position will close to applicants at 12:00 P.M. M.S.T. on Monday, 4/19/21.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Retirement – 457 employee funded plan
- Medical Leave – Up to 48 hours accrued. Accrue 1 hour of leave per 30 hours worked
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in coordination of all aspects of day camp programming including but not limited to participant registrations, weekly activities, field trips, enrichment classes/programs and special events.
- Assist in daily implementation & supervision of camp operations. Lead all programs by example, ensuring safe and appropriate use of all program and facility space/equipment.
- Responsible for the preparation of weekly activity schedules and purchasing of required supplies with input from day camp leaders and aides; may assist with organization & distribution of weekly parent newsletters.
- Assist with organization and planning of camp orientations, staff trainings and team meetings; may assist with conducting employee evaluations.
- Ensure positive daily communication with participant families regarding camper expectations and behaviors; may assist in conducting informal or formal conference sessions with families to resolve challenges and concerns.
- Assist in facility and room scheduling, ensuring essential set-up and take-down of assigned day camp program reservations.
- Assist in scheduling use of and conducting regular routine inspection & maintenance on vans used for program activities & field trips, including but not limited to gassing, washing and vacuuming as needed.
- Adhere to and implement all Adventure Bound Day Camp, Chilson Center, and City of Loveland policies and procedures, including any state or federal regulations for licensed school-age day camps.
- Act on behalf of the Day Camp Director in their absence.
- May assist Day Camp Director or Recreation Coordinator with other duties as assigned throughout the summer and in preparation of upcoming fall programs.
- Work in the role of substitute Day Camp Leader when needed or as assigned.
Provide leadership and guidance to program leaders, aides, part-time instructors and volunteer staff. May assist with employee performance evaluations for seasonal and part-time staff.JOB QUALIFICATIONS:Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Communicates effectively and diplomatically with participants of the programs, parents, co-workers, and the general public. Exhibits excellent organizational and planning skills. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Uses independent and sound judgment to react quickly and appropriately in emergency situations. Exercises appropriate conflict resolution skills with camp participants and staff. Exhibits patience when dealing with stressful situations. Ability to operate a 12-14 passenger City van with provided training. Must be at least 20 years old.Core competencies:
Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and KindnessJob specific competencies:
Action Oriented, Communication, Conflict Resolution, Leadership, Organizational Skills, PunctualityEducation and/or experience:
A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Recreation, Education or related field preferred. Minimum of two (2) years experience working with elementary and/or secondary-aged children required. Experience leading or supervising others preferred.Licensure and/or certifications:
Must currently possess or be able to successfully complete provided First Aid, CPR, and Standard Precautions certifications within 30 days of hire date and prior to working with children. Clearance from state, federal, and child abuse reporting background checks is required. Must complete a provided Medical Administration Certification training. Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass the City of Loveland’s Safe Driving Course.Material and equipment directly used:
Printer, computer, telephone, fax machine, safety equipment, athletic and recreational equipment, 12-14 passenger vans used in transporting children.Working conditions and physical requirements:
Performs the duties of this position in several different locations, in both inside and outside environments. May be exposed to dirt, sand, water and differing weather conditions. Bends, pushes, pulls, stoops, kneels, climbs, carries and lifts participants (up to 70 pounds) on a regular basis. May be exposed to noisy and stressful situations. Instructs and demonstrates various recreational activities, and is responsible for ensuring the safety of all participants in said activities by exhibiting and encouraging safe and proper use of equipment at all times.This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.A driving record and a comprehensive pre-employment criminal history background check, including fingerprint check will be obtained in order to clear for initial and ongoing employment